A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:
icon7.gif Re: Thanks for Just Hit Send  [message #24842 is a reply to message #24268] Thu, 23 June 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne is currently offline  Wayne

Getting started

Hugs Jamie
Thanks so much for the last chapter of 'Just Hit Send.' As you know we are a couple who believe in faithfulness as a top priority for all couples 14 or 64, age has no supremacy here. If a gay couple wants a lasting relationship it must be built on compleate trust. We are getting close to our 48th anniversary together, and just like Jordan and Dan, we never would have made it without compleate trust in each other. Thanks again our friend for the Memories.
Lots of Hugs
Wayne and Sonny Wink
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #24984 is a reply to message #24268] Wed, 29 June 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

For a long time I have wanted to write to "Grasshopper" and let him know that I think his stories are really really wonderful. I especially loved "just hit send" and "...dumpster"...but they were all really great. I love that they usually have happy endings and faith in pure true love and warm loving friendships. Its just so nice to read your writing, because there is something so pure and good in the heart of many of your relationships...I really like how you portrayed Danny and Jordy, who went through a lot, but found themselves in each other at last. Thanks so much for sharing your stories with unknown strangers on the net and brightening our day. I am actually a straight girl, but I really related to your writing. My mother and I have often discussed how some women and some gay guys seem to be on the same wavelength and can understand/share the emotions expressed, and it was a real pleasure to read your stories...I hope you continue writing someday....thanks so much again...
....best sincere wishes for future happiness and love and contentment.
Nishi
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #25006 is a reply to message #24268] Thu, 30 June 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Pettit is currently offline  Jim Pettit

Likes it here

Grasshopper you are a real talent and I have so enjoyed reading your stories. Your stories were like word movies. Sorry to see you go, but I have a feeling I may see something of yours again. If you use a new name, put a GH after it, OK! :'-(
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #25130 is a reply to message #24268] Thu, 07 July 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

This is to thank Grasshopper for "In a Heartbeat". I sit here by my compter and read your great stories. I'm sorry that JD and Marcus didn't get together. Maybe someday you'll get them to meet. I'm thankful for all of the "Just Hit Send". I almost feel like part of the family. I've gone back and re-read some of the parts.
icon14.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #25147 is a reply to message #24268] Fri, 08 July 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful job you do in writing. These characters have come to life and have become like a desireable part of the family.
It is so great to read a story where love survives and endures long term despite hardships. It is also a HUGE PLUS:-() that you have a character that is handicappped and truly loved despite the handicap.
I enjoy reading the adult relationship that these characters have and their willingness to share their love with others. I truly hoped they were able to foster children and we get a glimpse of that life also, especially with JD's son having other siblings, the dynamics in the household would have changed some. I hope that you write some of that in your future additions.::-)
Again, Thank you and I look forward to future updates.
AR
icon9.gif Re: Actually I am pretty broken up about this  [message #25154 is a reply to message #24269] Fri, 08 July 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TygerBoiSammy is currently offline  TygerBoiSammy

Toe is in the water

Oniisan,
I use the Japanese word for big brother, because that's how I think of you. You always made time to talk to me, when you could. You always took time to send me an e-card when I was feeling down. You wrote stuff that so blew me away. You're so awesome to me, Jamie. You're oneof my bigger brothers, and I love you so much for all that you are. I will be sad that we can't talk anymore, and sad that there might not be any more magic flowing from your pen. But I will count myself lucky indeed if you still consider me your friend. Ride on, Cowboy. The sunset awaits.

from your little brother and biggest fan, Tyger
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #25424 is a reply to message #24268] Mon, 18 July 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I don't know if you are still checking this..thinking you might since "in a heartbeat" was put on here the beginning of this month. I loved your whole series starting with Danny and Jordy..up to Marcus and Quin. I cried a lot and laughed louder. I was hoping that Marcus and JD could meet again..kind of like a full circle kind of thing. But you are the writer. And an amazing writer at that. Thank you for sharing your talent and your stories.

Pam
icon12.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #25617 is a reply to message #24268] Thu, 28 July 2005 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Hi Jamie

I am happy you get to be A COWBOY , I always thought that I must have been sometime , Because I always felt like I was.
I went out Wy, to go deer hunting one year an we stoped at A filling
station for gas and A coke While we were there A rancher came in an wanted to hire us right then to herd cattle for him ,I've always thought we made
A big mestake by not takeing him up on it.
Anyway I glad you get your chance to do it .. yaahoo!!!
I hope you still find time to write I do realy love your stories..
you have A grate talent..
les
icon7.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #25653 is a reply to message #24268] Tue, 02 August 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I just finished reading through JHS (a five-hour marathon that I loved!), and it's one of the few stories that tugged tears out of my eyes and pulled my heart apart. I would never have guessed it would be a story like JHS that would remind me and help me see the love in my own family, because we never say things out loud...and I sometimes forget the important things. I hold on to my friends much more carefully now, and appreciate my family so much more than before. Thanks for writing such a great story, it has helped me see life in a better light. You're a damn talented writer!
fleck
icon14.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #26145 is a reply to message #24268] Wed, 14 September 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

jamie i dont know if you ever see this message board anymore but we have talked a few times on just hit send and now this lasted one beyond the rain you have to get these plublish because the world need thises stories i wish they where here when i was a kid so i would have know i was not all alone it made me mad it mad be cry it made me laught but most of all it gave me hope that one day we all shall be free;-)
icon6.gif WOWWW !!  [message #26189 is a reply to message #24268] Sat, 17 September 2005 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Thanks, guys Very Happy I just read all the beautiful posts y'all wrote to me and needed to send a million huge hugs. Thank you so much for writing to say you miss me and my words. I'm doing good, working hard and writing when I can.

I can't hook my computer to the internet right now, but there's this place not too far from the feedstore (haha, yep, feedstores are my friends) and I so much wanted to check on you guys.

It feels so good just to send this post out to everyone who has helped me these past few years. Without you guys, I might have just disappeared. Never foget how very important your words are to people who are lurking, praying for help. I lurked, finally posted and found all the support I needed. It gave me the courage to write my stories.

As always ~ God bless & Stay safe
(tipping the brim of my Stetson and drinking a cold DP in your honor)
Jamie
icon7.gif Re: WOWWW !!  [message #26195 is a reply to message #26189] Sat, 17 September 2005 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmos is currently offline  nmos

Getting started

SOOOO glad to hear from you Jamie!!!! It's fabulous to read yet another great story from you but now it's totally awesome to hear from you again! When you get time, drop a line or two to us from the *place not too far from the feedstores* Razz

HUGE HUGS~
nmos
Re: WOWWW !!  [message #26196 is a reply to message #26189] Sat, 17 September 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

I still say Dr. Pepper is gross.............

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: WOWWW !!  [message #26201 is a reply to message #26196] Sun, 18 September 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

lol I told Jamie many times how DP tastes like medicine, but the kid is Dr. Pepperholic ;-D
Re: WOWWW !!  [message #26212 is a reply to message #26189] Mon, 19 September 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm just thankful you are away from the hurricanes. And I'm sorry other people have to suffer them, and that the folks where you used to live keep on getting frightened by them.

I have so much I want to tell you about, well, just stuff, really. Maybe you'll remmeber to put some sort of forwarding address in the next diskette of story you send me? Please?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon4.gif Re: WOWWW !!  [message #26218 is a reply to message #26189] Mon, 19 September 2005 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Hey Jamie!!!! I hope it is going well for you out there!! Are you ready for winter t rear it's ugly head and freeze your tail off???? Not quite like central FL winters... just cold as can be!!!

Let us know how you are doing, and what life is like out there!!

Once again, you have blown me away with your writing... and I remain your biggest fan!!! You have such an incredible way with your words!!!

Please keep in touch somehow... and don't fall off the edge of the planet. Also, remember that 'Brokeback Mountain' is coming out in December... a movie by Gus Van Sant and Ang Lee!!!!!!

Be good, and continue to touch others lives, Jamie!!!!

Huge Hugs and Greasy Fried Burgers in the Great West Truck Stops!!!!
Paul
BamBam

Sad) ::-) Sad) ::-) ;-D ;-D ;-D

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
Re: WOWWW !!  [message #26221 is a reply to message #26218] Tue, 20 September 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Bambam, it's just Ang Lee's. Gus Van Sant was supposed to do it 2 years ago but he couldn't progress with the plan. Ang Lee did a brilliant job though. Besides, Gus was picking the wrong actor... Ben Afleck! LOL
icon7.gif Re: WOWWW !!  [message #26225 is a reply to message #26221] Tue, 20 September 2005 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Hmmm... I msut have misread the report... maybe it said Gus started it but then Ang Lee took it over...

...and Ben affleck???? Not so much in this movie... I just can't wait to see the interplay between these guys... it is going to be so cool... and I think they have the personalities and abilities to play this so well...

Dang... I love cowboys in jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for the info...

Hugs,
Bam

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
icon9.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #27173 is a reply to message #24268] Tue, 20 December 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Timmy when you hear from GrassHoper agin please send him my thanks and love
Re: Message to Grasshopper:  [message #27178 is a reply to message #27173] Wed, 21 December 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ena is currently offline  Ena

Getting started

Hear! Hear! It's really wonderful to get another update from Jamie on Just Send "Hit".

Please send our thanks to him for the early christmas present.

Merry Christmas to all!

cheers
Ena
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #27182 is a reply to message #27173] Wed, 21 December 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Though he will not be able to check it regularly he has told me that it is worth having an email address again. So it has been added back to the top of each chapter.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #27202 is a reply to message #27182] Fri, 23 December 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ena is currently offline  Ena

Getting started

Thanks, Timmy.

Wishing everyone at iomfas a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

cheers
Ena
icon7.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #27209 is a reply to message #27173] Fri, 23 December 2005 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rad is currently offline  Rad

Getting started

MERRY CHRISTMAS GRASSHOPPER AND EVERYBODY !!!

I know it's early but I'm not gonna be in a place with/near internet at Christmas. So, again. MERRY CHRISTMAS! =)

Grasshopper, thank you for your great stories I always look forward to. Thanks you for activating and resuming contact ^_^ I jope you're happy in your new place and always be !

Cheers !

Rad
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #27211 is a reply to message #27209] Fri, 23 December 2005 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Grasshopper

I dont know you, but Timmy has sent me to read oneof your stories. Ive read some others. I guess thinking and feeling are pretty much the same for all of us.

The guy here realy like you. That must feel terrific.

Hope I will be that lucky one day.
icon7.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #27236 is a reply to message #27209] Sun, 25 December 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Hi Jamie

Just want to wish you A merry Christmas!!!

Thanks for the lastest chapter , I really enjoy them.

Les
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #27497 is a reply to message #27236] Sat, 21 January 2006 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Grasshopper, I just finished your wonderful story "Promises to Keep", and it made this old man cry. I normally just read a chapter or two of your stories, because I want them to last, but I just couldn't stop with this one. I am 78 and grew up a little east of where your story takes place. I was gay from the get-go, and that country is no place to step out of the closet. Of course I didn't know I was in a closet, but I did know, as you said in the story, "You can't look into another guys eyes too long, or you were in trouble". I never ever got a hug from my father or brother, it just wasn't done. Thanks again, great job, great love story, and thank goodness for sparing me pages of loveless sex acts.

I tried to find and Email address to send this to, but I guess this will have to do.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #27499 is a reply to message #27497] Sat, 21 January 2006 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The email address is on the top of every chapter Smile We reinstated it. But a comment to him here will be read with pleasure.I think it's one heck of a story. One particular place I suddenly was surprised with a huge, wracking sob.

Hey Jim  [message #27501 is a reply to message #27497] Sat, 21 January 2006 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grasshopper is currently offline  grasshopper

Toe is in the water

Right back at ya as far as the e-mail addresses go Smile I'll just reply to you on here. I do have an e-mail now that timmy put it back up at the top of my stories. I can't check it as much as I'd like to (I used to practically live on-line **gay boy/dark closet**) Life now seems to interfere.

Thank you...I wasn't real sure about this story, but sometimes things just need to be said. I wrote from my heart and that's all I can say about that. As for the sex stuff, when you see my name on a story, just know you're not going there. Playful, or needed, sure, but I try to catch you with what they say, not what they do. Dialogue is my thing. Thank you for liking it.

{{happy hugs}}
GH

"You have your way. I have my way. As far as the right way, the correct way, and the only way - it doesn't exist."
Re: Hey Jim  [message #27655 is a reply to message #27501] Sun, 29 January 2006 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockyhi2005 is currently offline  Rockyhi2005

Getting started

Hi GH--

Once again you have written a great story with "Promises", even with the tears that it draws. By the way, I really enjoyed the addition of the photos -- they really helped in setting the mood for the story.

I have followed your stories from the first chapter of "Just Hit Send". One of the best "Gay" stories on the net in my opinion.

Hope all is well for you in the West.

Many Hugs to you GH,

Rocky

Rocky
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #28693 is a reply to message #24268] Sat, 25 February 2006 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

To Grsshopper,

"Promises to Keep", another wonderful story. I don't know how you manage it but once again it brought tears to my eyes.

Regards
Chris
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #31974 is a reply to message #24268] Tue, 09 May 2006 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I wish you all success and happiness in your new life. I must say that In The Blink Of An Eye is perhaps the finest short story I have ever read. All of the scenes and emotion come through with such impact that the reader feels every nuance of feeling put into it. Thank you for such a beautiful story of real love.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #31983 is a reply to message #24268] Tue, 09 May 2006 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Has anyone seen how many times this thread has been read? Unbelievable.

Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #31988 is a reply to message #31983] Tue, 09 May 2006 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaycracker is currently offline  jaycracker

Likes it here

Actually, yes I did notice. And you know what? I am not in the least surprised; not this thread anyway. Wink
icon9.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #32205 is a reply to message #24268] Mon, 22 May 2006 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Hiya all!

aw, I just read Dreamchasers and wanted congratulate the author for so great work and it did hit me suddenly Grasshopper is going away. :-/ Well I hope you´ll be happy in your new home and I wish you the bettest of lucks in the whole world. Mad Also, I want say you Dreamchasers need go to a publisher. Seriously. It´s a amazing work and worthy of be in the shelves. I loved how you weaved the romance and the mystery and the spiritual stuff to make such great novel. I have been forced to suffer through paperbacks much less talented than this story yours so I know I am saying. Please, do not give up writing. You do it really well. And think about find a publisher to your work, ok? It would be great see it in the bookstores. Or in e-books...

Huggies and kisses,
Veronica.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #32215 is a reply to message #32205] Tue, 23 May 2006 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I have to say that I'm really sad that Grasshopper decided to leave, but I wish him all the best. I'm puzzled though - if the letter was dated back in 2005, why was there a chapter of JHS posted in Feb 2006??? I really hope the story can be concluded; it's become one of my favourites.
Grasshopper is around from time to time  [message #32219 is a reply to message #32215] Tue, 23 May 2006 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I think Grasshopper is no longer quite as technologically isolated as he used to be -- he's still writing and he posts on this board occasionally.

Perhaps Timmy could add a disclaimer to the link on Grasshopper's story page, pointing out that the original message is more than a year old, and that its purpose has changed from a "good luck/sorry to see you go" thread to a perpetual greeting/tribute thread?

David
(/david is me)  [message #32228 is a reply to message #32219] Tue, 23 May 2006 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

No Message Body
icon6.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #37933 is a reply to message #24268] Mon, 30 October 2006 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harry is currently offline  Harry

Getting started

To GRASSHOPPER:

If you get a chance to read this, you made me cry dude. Yeah, Florida may have been "home" but there's more love and understanding inside of you than the entire state of Florida can hold. Unleash that on the Wild Wild West. What you have transcends years and goes worldwide (if people are open to feel what's in their hearts). You know what each and every one of us desires, and you have the talent to put it on paper. Don't EVER let go of that.

I'm kind of an old fart by the dates you listed in the "left-handed" message. BTW..... as they say, "Left-handed people are in their right mind." Best of luck and I hope you find everything Good that you deserve. Please, tell the horses we all say "HAY."
icon9.gif Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #49914 is a reply to message #24268] Sun, 13 April 2008 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sin is currently offline  sin

Getting started

I...actually donno what to say,though I havn't been here for long, Grasshopper's story already touchs me. I addict to his story, follow his words, trace his thoughts and imagine the characters in the real life.

I always reflect his story to myself, "what gonna happen if...?" "Why?" "How?"- stories are making huge impacts on me, inside me and this life.

Thanx Grasshopper- for sharing piece of your mind.

Hamba Kahle,
"I WILL listen".

Errol

I've got sins...or not?
Later!  [message #49927 is a reply to message #24268] Mon, 14 April 2008 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ChowanBoyRedux is currently offline  ChowanBoyRedux

Likes it here

No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 14 April 2008 17:54]

Previous Topic: Of dicks and butts
Next Topic: I have just realised that I suffered a hate crime
Goto Forum: