A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Gator Munchies !!
icon6.gif Gator Munchies !!  [message #4378] Sat, 14 September 2002 19:51 Go to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

On a lighter note, so ya'll don't all think I walk around continually muttering to myself, the mess yesterday here in Florida on Alligator Alley??? It really does live up to its name. It's a stretch of Interstate 75 going from Naples to Ft. Lauderdale and it is chock full of gators. When you drive down it, they are laying around in the sun on both sides of the highway and if there's not a lot of traffic, they are walking across.
There are as many gators in Florida as there are mosquitoes. It's mating season and at night, you can hear the males bellowing out in the swamps. They sound like bulls...an eerie sound.
I was asleep in a hammock by the pond one afternoon and woke up to find a gator under me. Your first thought would be to roll out and run. Wrong! They can sprint faster than people. No one was home, so I did the only logical thing......I climbed the tree that the front of the hammock was attached to and jumped into the bed of my dad's truck. I spent the next hour or so sitting on top of the roof of his truck staring at the gator.
He finally got bored and waddled back to the pond. It was just luck that my dogs were in their run and not with me or he would have had puppies for dinner Sad

Smile: whatever your problem is today, at least you're not gator snack !!

Later Gators~
smith
icon6.gif Munchies? Did it smoke pot before crashing under your hammock? LOL!  [message #4382 is a reply to message #4378] Sun, 15 September 2002 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

No Message Body

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
And Mick Dundee was nowhere to be found?  [message #4391 is a reply to message #4378] Sun, 15 September 2002 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Strewth, useless Ocker. Never around when you need him. That gator would make a great handbag. I volunteer to kill it, skin it and make you one.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: And Mick Dundee was nowhere to be found?  [message #4394 is a reply to message #4391] Sun, 15 September 2002 15:36 Go to previous message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

YIKES!!!!!! what did that gator do to you timmy?...NOTHING

why kill an gator for just doing what gators do?

now if you were hungry and needed it for food kewl by me but to kill it just to have a hand bag....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

(hit a sore spot with me here)

i am in no way a tree huger or anything , actually i hunt my self but to kill something just to make your self look better.....that is so so so so wrong in my book.

ok my rant is over

peace
tim...of USA
Previous Topic: I just needed to talk to someone
Next Topic: Kidding !!!
Goto Forum: