A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Kidding !!!
icon8.gif Kidding !!!  [message #4377] Sat, 14 September 2002 19:05 Go to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

I hate that word!!! People say something hurtful and then when they see that it hurt, they immediately jump in with "Kidding!"
in that snarky tone. They weren't kidding. They meant what they said but were so oblivious that they didn't even know it would hurt.

Do people even think before they open their mouths? My grandmom taught me to think before I open mine; to censor and take the smoothest path. Everyone who knows me, knows that I am slow to answer for that reason. At a party last night, a drunk jerk asked me a question and before I could answer reasonably, he yelled, "Are you retarded?" Um....No. When he realized what he'd said and who he'd said it to, he then came back with,
"Kidding, JJ." The thing is that one of my friends is slightly slow and he was with me. It hurt him. It hurt me....and it was totally unnecessary. I can't repeat what I DID say in answer to his question, %&$#%$*, but I WILL say that after I said it, I DIDN'T add........."Kidding!"

Four Gates  [message #4392 is a reply to message #4377] Sun, 15 September 2002 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

What you say to another person should pass through four gates before it leaves your mouth: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it worded nicely? 3) Does it do no harm? 4) If the words you are about to say has to climb over or go around one of the first three gates, then are you prepared to accept the consequences?

Hugs, Charlie
icon14.gif Perfect ! You rock, Charlie !  [message #4397 is a reply to message #4392] Sun, 15 September 2002 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

No Message Body
icon5.gif Which of these is Bill?  [message #4398 is a reply to message #4392] Sun, 15 September 2002 18:45 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

No Message Body

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Gator Munchies !!
Next Topic: Hey Lennie how did the elecction go? Please feel free to correct my
Goto Forum: