A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > This week, Mom and Dad met my life-mate...
icon7.gif This week, Mom and Dad met my life-mate...  [message #4431] Wed, 18 September 2002 00:18 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Thats right, yesterday Kevin met my parents face to face for the first time. All in all, it went very well. There was no hollering, nor were there any woebegone pleas for grandchildren.

The mood was genuinely festive, we chatted for a time and went out to a nice dinner (the Dad paid, although I tried to) and we chatted even more through dinner. Afterward the parents followed us to our home and over a nice merlot they got to know the man I love so dearly.

I was so stressed out over this at one point last week I nearly called and asked them not to come, but I am so glad that I didn't.

Today, we spent the entire day chatting and taking pictures and Kevin even took Mom on a tour of our home. Later we prepared for them a killer dinner at home.

I am so happy this is going well, not only for Kevin's and my sake, but for my parents as well. I am sure we all will be alot closer from now on.

I am so happy.......

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
icon7.gif Re: This week, Mom and Dad met my life-mate...  [message #4434 is a reply to message #4431] Wed, 18 September 2002 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theeggman is currently offline  theeggman

Getting started

YAAAAAAAAA!

That's awesome, Marc!

I would need many valium to even contemplate the same siuation. Smile
Re: This week, Mom and Dad met my life-mate...  [message #4436 is a reply to message #4431] Wed, 18 September 2002 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

That is AWSOME! I am happy for all four of you.

It's a milestone in your life. Love eveys second of it, and be proud of yourself.

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Wow  [message #4444 is a reply to message #4431] Wed, 18 September 2002 07:58 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I know just how much stress this will have caused you. I have no words that express my feelings right now

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: This May be a silly question ....
Next Topic: I don't know whether to be flattered or angry
Goto Forum: