A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Deserved recognition
Deserved recognition  [message #53564] Fri, 26 September 2008 17:55 Go to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

Our beloved Grasshopper has rated recognition on another story board. Timmy and iomfats can feel justifiably proud to host such a great author. Smile

Here is the link to the thread on Jeff's Fort Board.

http://www.jeffsfortboard.com/index.php?showtopic=6037&hl=

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Deserved recognition  [message #53565 is a reply to message #53564] Fri, 26 September 2008 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well he does write a rather good tale. The thing I've noticed is that sex, while a good part, is de-emphasised in favour of relationships.

I hope his broken fingers are well enough to type soon.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Deserved recognition  [message #53566 is a reply to message #53565] Fri, 26 September 2008 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

Crackerwriter said that our Grasshopper just had surgery on one of his broken fingers. I would expect it will be some time before we hear from him so we should all send him GET WELL SOON wishes.

JimB
Surgery  [message #53567 is a reply to message #53566] Fri, 26 September 2008 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He has indeed. He tells me that so far he thinks it has gone well, and he is considering typing again soon. I hope it's healed enough that he can type without pain.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Surgery  [message #53570 is a reply to message #53567] Sat, 27 September 2008 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I doubt Grasshopper would wait that long...

Absence of pain is a luxury if you are a writer Razz

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Surgery  [message #53588 is a reply to message #53567] Sat, 27 September 2008 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

So do I! So do I!

Love,
Anthony
Re: Deserved recognition  [message #53658 is a reply to message #53564] Mon, 29 September 2008 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fingolfin is currently offline  Fingolfin

Likes it here

I have it that we all love Jamie... and his stories. I used the link (thx Paul) and read what was written there.... and I'm pretty sure we all love the Human Cannonball, the Tasmanian Devil etc J.D. as well.

Marek

It is better to switch on a small light than to curse the darkness.
- Vincent Šikula, Slovak writer
Re: Deserved recognition  [message #53694 is a reply to message #53658] Tue, 30 September 2008 03:15 Go to previous message
Centaur is currently offline  Centaur

Getting started

Jamie (aka the Wise Grasshopper) is my second favorite net author (after Josh - author of Jeet and other stories).

Just Hit Send is my second favorite story of all time (after Sea Change by Josh).

And Jordan is my favorite character of all time. He is whom we all aspire to be - kind, strong, tender, loving, beautiful in heart and soul, and a gentle human being. His love for Danny is one of the great loves of our brand of fiction - and I've told him so.

I don't admit this often - but I've cried a few times reading JHS. My favorite scene is when Jordan goes to meet Danny for the first time near the shark tank - and Danny is in his wheelchair all alone. Danny sees Jordan and thinks Jordan has decided to walk away after seeing him in his wheelchair. A single tear runs down his cheek - until Jordan comes up from behind and says hi.

It is, without a doubt, my favorite scene of all time. Such heart-rending simplicity. Jamie can convey unbelievable emotional depth in just a few words. His stories are a treasure.

I was saddened to hear about his fingers, but I'm glad to hear he is on the mend and will be back writing soon. I love his current story - Just One Starfish - and his entire body of work.

So thank you Timmy for hosting Grasshopper. He has made my Saturday more than a few times (I read JHS in one sitting the first time - I think it took me an entire DAY!).

My best,

Centaur
Previous Topic: Sexual Orientational Relationships
Next Topic: For YOU, what is this forum for?
Goto Forum: