A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > gays to admire
Re: Rubbish!  [message #54404 is a reply to message #54392] Sun, 26 October 2008 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Roger, you mean that at 74 or 75 I'm going to stop being bi and become gay?

But I was gay in my early twenties and then became bi.

I admit I got married because it was easier but I also got married because I wanted children and I was honest about it so I don't feel guilty.

And If I really were gay and only pretending to be bi how could I have remained faithful to my wife for 47 years?

And how would I know whether I was gay or bi NOW after 47 years of pure heterosexuality!

This business of applying labels is Rubbish!

Love,
Anthony
Avert your eyes!  [message #54405 is a reply to message #54396] Sun, 26 October 2008 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Never! Saben, I don't believe you. You would look out of curiosity (I admit it wouldn't be likely to be a sight that attracted you sexually) but just think what you would do in Melbourne if you saw that.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Avert your eyes!  [message #54406 is a reply to message #54405] Sun, 26 October 2008 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

By the morbid nature of the human as a species, they will always look at the uncanny..... the unnatural..... the specticle.....

Thats why so many people pay a dollar to see jo jo the dog faced boy at the county fair.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: gays to admire  [message #54408 is a reply to message #54399] Sun, 26 October 2008 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

It is only of interest if one is simply reading the stories.

If one is interested in performing a literary analysis of the stories then it becomes important.

I imagine the authors on this site aren't the subject of deep literary study. So it's probably more interesting than important.

I would like to read the stories with that knowledge, however, just to see if I can pick up on any differences.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: gays to admire  [message #54411 is a reply to message #54408] Sun, 26 October 2008 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

What I find hard to understand is why a srt8 person would write gay stories?

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: gays to admire  [message #54416 is a reply to message #54411] Mon, 27 October 2008 07:26 Go to previous message
Fingolfin is currently offline  Fingolfin

Likes it here

Good point, Marc...

Marek

It is better to switch on a small light than to curse the darkness.
- Vincent Šikula, Slovak writer
Previous Topic: Away for a few days
Next Topic: Never give up
Goto Forum: