A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Merry Christmas
icon7.gif Merry Christmas  [message #55184] Thu, 25 December 2008 03:15 Go to next message
jaycracker is currently offline  jaycracker

Likes it here

Sorry all you people across the pond, we don't do Happy Holidays here usually.

Mostly we stick with the traditional:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all readers and posters! (and thanks for the emails you sent re the short story.)

Mike

(Crackerwriter)
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55185 is a reply to message #55184] Thu, 25 December 2008 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Yup, I'm also with "Happy Christmas"

Seasons do not have greetings, and a holiday is taken with a bucket and spade at the seaside in the pouring rain!

Good to have your story as a guest appearance.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55186 is a reply to message #55184] Thu, 25 December 2008 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes, Mike, and from me too: A Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to you all.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55187 is a reply to message #55184] Thu, 25 December 2008 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Season's Greetings to all here - the posters and the lurkers, those who are still regulars on here and those who are no longer as active here as they used to be. All who make this place the unique place that it is.

As we used to say back in the 1960's, "have a cool Yule".

May the New Year bring us each what we most need.

hugs 'n stuff

NW

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55189 is a reply to message #55184] Fri, 26 December 2008 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Merry Xmas. I'm quite happy to embrace the culturally accepted name for the current holiday season. And I'm quite happy to celebrate it as an entirely secular holiday.

Were I to celebrate it as a religious event I'd be thanking the Sun for continuing to shine upon us. "Dies Natalis Solis Invicti" doesn't really apply in the Southern Hemisphere, but I welcome the oncoming summer gladly. I think we're really spoilt down south, to be honest. We get Christmas, the New Year and our summer holidays all at once!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55190 is a reply to message #55189] Fri, 26 December 2008 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Yes, Saben, we all know the holiday is really Yule which the christians tried to take over for their own purposes.

But I do like it in Oz at this time of year. As you say the prospect of sunbathing swimming holidays (and therefore sex) is very alluring.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55191 is a reply to message #55184] Fri, 26 December 2008 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

Whoops, as usual I'm a day late and a dollar short. But then I guess a lot of us are a dollar short with this sucky economy. It's probable that we all had a more frugal Christmas this year than in years past, but I hope you were able to make up for it by sharing the gift of 'self' with loved ones.

Merry Christmas, Mike and everyone.

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55192 is a reply to message #55191] Sat, 27 December 2008 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Yeah, a much more frugal Christmas than in previous years (due to the state of the economy, and a £600 dentist bill), so adults in the family only exchanged token gifts ... it would take a lot more than that, though, to stop me giving decent presents to my adored nieces and nephew!

Boxing Day has been a gathering of all those family members I care about, and I feel strengthened and renewed as a result.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55194 is a reply to message #55192] Sat, 27 December 2008 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Dear NW,

We had a pact this year: nobody over 20 got any presents at all. We had just as lovely a time, I think, and the children did as well as ever!

I'm sorry to hear of that dentist though.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55197 is a reply to message #55184] Sun, 28 December 2008 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

I hope you all, on either side of any pond, have had happy and peaceful Holidays so far, Christmas or not, and I wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55206 is a reply to message #55184] Mon, 29 December 2008 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

A rather belated Happy Christmas (where applicable) and I hope you all have a great New Year.

With best wishes,

David
Re: Merry Christmas  [message #55209 is a reply to message #55206] Tue, 30 December 2008 19:16 Go to previous message
james is currently offline  james

Getting started

yes

happy new year to every one
Razz
Previous Topic: Here are some dumb facts.
Next Topic: Happy New Year!
Goto Forum: