A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > New Hampshire- the free state?
New Hampshire- the free state?  [message #56640] Mon, 04 May 2009 04:34 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE53S72J20090429?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

I even like the amendments "The last-minute changes to the legislation would allow clergy to decline to marry homosexual couples and give couples the freedom to either keep the words "bride" and "groom" on marriage licenses, or use the word "spouse" instead."

In other news NH legalised medicine usage of marijuana and voted tabled a piece of legislation that would make seatbelts compulsory.

No wonder it's the target state for the Free State Project. In a political and economic environment of increased government spending and control it's nice to see somewhere moving away from that model.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: New Hampshire- the free state?  [message #56645 is a reply to message #56640] Mon, 04 May 2009 15:16 Go to previous message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

I heard that Pennsylvania also has legislation in the works to legalize medical Marijuana. I think that this would be the first step to end the prohibition of the plant that has been around for so many years. I champion legalizing it as a way to put an end to the drug related violence in Mexico and USA. They say that 60% of the Mexican drug cartel's profits are from Marijuana. Legalizing it would allow for better control, and hit the drug lords right in the pocket book.

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Previous Topic: The joys of a multicultural world
Next Topic: Time goes on, and I remember
Goto Forum: