A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Another development with the Republican party
Another development with the Republican party  [message #57192] Sat, 30 May 2009 09:02 Go to next message
yusime is currently offline  yusime

Likes it here

ok maybe just a minor nuisance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/gov-rick-perry-texas-coul_n_187490.html

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake since for him a spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein
Re: Another development with the Republican party  [message #57196 is a reply to message #57192] Sat, 30 May 2009 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

Dude as someone born to that region I can tell you that, that silly season raises its head every once in a while. Why they think the “Union” would allow what they denied with war several states back in 1860’s is beyond me. Too rich a prize to be lost despite the crop of stupidity so recently harvested there. Or should I say manure produced….!

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: Another development with the Republican party  [message #57200 is a reply to message #57196] Sun, 31 May 2009 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Actually, I'm ready to see the GOP go its way to Alaska, take it and drill baby drill. Where can I help pack their bags?

Raymundo
Re: Another development with the Republican party  [message #57205 is a reply to message #57196] Sun, 31 May 2009 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yusime is currently offline  yusime

Likes it here

What I find to be really amusing is the fact that the "Religious Right" as a political force destroyed the Republican Party and now all the Republicans have left are the nut job extremist. The people who believe in "States Rights" are not the problem its the people who support "states rights" while trying to dismantle Separation of Church and State who are the current "rulers" of this Republican Party. These people call Alexander Hamilton a Liberal he held to the idea that America would become an industrial powerhouse and wanted a strong federal government to prevent the states from dismantling the United States. That is a Conservative ideal. They call Thomas Jefferson a Conservative he said he believed in "states rights" but expanded the role of the Federal Government while he was against conservative "Judicial Activism". Jefferson also supported the role of the Church in dealing with government actions of the states. That appears to be the only thing the Republicans call "Conservatism" in our time. When you add the fact that Republicans don’t seem to care at all about the size of government until “Liberals” have power in which case they can’t seem to shut up about the federal power structure. I think the Republicans should be happy they have a 5-4 conservative majority on the Supreme court it may not be reliable but they should be happy with what they can get right now.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake since for him a spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein
Re: Another development with the Republican party  [message #57241 is a reply to message #57192] Wed, 03 June 2009 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnleeb is currently offline  johnleeb

Toe is in the water

The problem we have here is the Republican spent 8 years spending outrageous sums in their 'war' and allowing big money corporations to swindle the government and the people.

And now they are crying foul when attempts are made to stabilize the economy. Typical of conservatives who would rather control everyone else and remove all controls from themselves.

Yes, I am liberal, and by their standards, extremely so. In reality, that is primarily on civil rights. Financially, I am conservative, in that I don't want them wasting my tax dollars on corrupt crap like the last 8 years of extremely liberal spending.

When the Federal budget was balanced and had a surplus when bush (not worthy capitalizing) took office and was trillions in debt afterwards, there is a problem, and it now has to be corrected. So why shouldn't the Republicans in Texas (make that repulsicans in tex-ass) where most of the corruption came from, have to pay their fair share!
Just to add a little perspective  [message #57243 is a reply to message #57192] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

You have to walk a mile in their shoes to understand someone right.... That is if you want to!

http://www.alternet.org/rights/140398/200_executions_and_counting%3A_texas_gov._rick_perry%27s_cruel_death_tally/

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: Just to add a little perspective  [message #57246 is a reply to message #57243] Thu, 04 June 2009 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Actually, I hope never to walk the path of a conservative like my ex brother in law ever again. He was mean, nasty, homophobic, etc, etc.
But on the other hand, I would like to walk with some very good conservative neighbors who I would go to battle for. I know they would put aside any partisan views in order to be friends.

Raymundo
Re: Another development with the Republican party  [message #57268 is a reply to message #57192] Sat, 06 June 2009 06:39 Go to previous message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

It's a pity that such a good message is lost amongst such despicable messengers.

The Republican Party, under Bush spent and spent and spent. It spent on wars. It spent on corporate welfare. It was NOT a small government party. There are some in the Republican Party that embrace small government politics. But small government can't be limited to fiscal affairs, small government means government backing out of our private and sex lives, too!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Previous Topic: When your best friend dies.....
Next Topic: You don't love someone because they are beautiful. They are
Goto Forum: