A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > If you could, would you?
If you could, would you?  [message #57732] Wed, 08 July 2009 13:33 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have a new poll

If you could, would you?

He is slim, perfect, sparkling eyes, cheeky grin, the cutest ears you ever saw. He's not related to you. He's gay. He's below the age of consent, though old enough to know his own mind and his own body - this is an offer he understands the consequences of. He's not a rent boy, and he has just invited you to share his body. This is a one time offer, not a relationship. Do you:

Accept his offer without a second thought
Accept his offer, but feel guilty, either during or afterwards
Decline politely with no regrets
Decline, but ask if he'll model for you
Decline and wish with all your heart that you had said yes
Ignore him. Answering at all would be too embarrassing
Look for hidden cameras.

Current Results

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: If you could, would you?  [message #57733 is a reply to message #57732] Wed, 08 July 2009 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Decline politely, with considerable regrets.

I no longer do one-night stands: they just don't work for me.

NW

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: If you could, would you?  [message #57734 is a reply to message #57733] Wed, 08 July 2009 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

pssst. Shhh, don't tell anyone, but you can choose an option on the poll, too

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: If you could, would you?  [message #57735 is a reply to message #57732] Wed, 08 July 2009 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

The ethos of this poll question seems to assume that the people visiting this forum are over the age of consent (at least, and probably much older). I wonder to what extent that does represent the age range of those visiting (not just those posting). I also ask myself how I would feel about this poll if I were 13 or 14 years old. I don't have an answer.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: If you could, would you?  [message #57736 is a reply to message #57735] Wed, 08 July 2009 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Technically, sex is unlawful if one or both participants are below the age of consent, and prosecution is possible, though unlikely.

in the UK the Sexual Offences Act 2003 may be interpreted to make it unlawful for two six year olds to play doctors and nurses, or mothers and fathers. P;laying Mothers and Milkmen is definitely unlawful, because they go further.

Re: If you could, would you?  [message #57742 is a reply to message #57732] Wed, 08 July 2009 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

I'm sure that I would not accept. Nor would I regret not having accepted. There is too much danger that both parties would be hurt. First there would be the complications of feelings extending beyond the one night stand. Second, it would be injurious to the youth to give him such power over an adult, while it would remain a lifelong liability for the adult. To me, taking advantage of such an opportunity would be like felling a lush forest to start an open pit mine. Observing the beautiful scene is enough for me. If I used the underlying ore to get rich or something, I would lose the beauty.

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
If I could, would I? First, let me draw your attention ...  [message #57750 is a reply to message #57732] Thu, 09 July 2009 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

.. to this 'OpEd' piece at 365Gay.com, posted yesterday.

http://www.365gay.com/blog/corvino-dangerous-campsite/

Aside from it's amusing anecdotal context, it does provide some interesting thoughts on this rather thorny issue. I'd never hear of the so-called 'Campfire Rule' before, that is not until I actually saw it defined, and realized that I have lived, and conducted my affairs, this great many years as prescribed by just such a rule.

Would I ... probably, but mindful of the consequences, and ever on the lookout for hidden cameras.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Thu, 09 July 2009 04:46]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: If I could, would I? First, let me draw your attention ...  [message #57756 is a reply to message #57750] Thu, 09 July 2009 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes, Warren, I think Corvino has it pretty well exactly right. I wish I'd been able to put it into practice! But only one of my sexual partners was younger than me and then only by two months.

I answered Timmy's poll by saying that I would gently refuse (and it has happened and I thanked the guy for the flattery).

Love,
Anthony
Playing with fire  [message #57794 is a reply to message #57732] Mon, 13 July 2009 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Hard decision. I have no moral qualms, so I'd either accept with no regrets or decline but wish I'd said yes. In the end because I couldn't decide between those two my answer was "look for hidden cameras".

I don't believe in following the law just because it is the law. But the pedowitch hunt has a strong following and the consequences of breaching AoC laws can be almost as severe as being burnt at the stake.

I'd be scared. Scared that someone, somehow, would find out. Scared that he might change his mind down the road and decide that it wasn't actually his idea. Scared that he'd fall for me and blackmail me into a relationship.

But my desire would likely try to rationalise these fears and on the balance I think I'd be more likely than not to accept (60-40) provided I weren't in a relationship.

But I am in a relationship. We have a reasonably open minded relationship. But Ryan lacks self-confidence and can be a little jealous as a result. Also my desires are satiated by being in a relationship with someone I love and am attracted to. Plus the potential fallout is greater being in a relationship- if things DID go wrong legally then Ryan would have a high emotional cost, too. It's not just myself I need to look out for. So those factors taken into account I think I'm more likely to decline than not, but it's still maybe 60-40, just in the other direction.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: If you could, would you?  [message #57795 is a reply to message #57736] Mon, 13 July 2009 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Of course a lot of places are starting to institute near age exemptions. Most Australian states have them and I believe New Zealand and Canada allow small age gaps as defences, too. I guess you could say that if both people are say 13 in Victoria neither is below the age of consent, but I think technically they are still below the age of consent- they just have a legal defence.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Playing with fire  [message #57800 is a reply to message #57794] Wed, 15 July 2009 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senne is currently offline  Senne

Likes it here

sex is legal atleast where i am in the USA from 16 on up
but as to this question i'd have to say no
to me sex isnt that important... i'd want to hug the kid and love him and give him what i dont necessarily have in life... same thing i'd do with any person
Re: Playing with fire  [message #57801 is a reply to message #57800] Wed, 15 July 2009 17:53 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

I chose the first answer, yet knowing full well that in a life situation, I would not. But it was an honest answer on my part. I guess the question has possible windows into one's frame of thoughts.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Child protection can go mad
Next Topic: Public Service announcements from the future
Goto Forum: