A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Why do they pry? This has to make life hard enough.
Why do they pry? This has to make life hard enough.  [message #58647] Fri, 11 September 2009 14:07 Go to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/ynews;_ylt=AswHWY28j426AjLq2CHAtVtbbBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTE2NGFhbTlnBHBvcwM1BHNlYwN5bi1yLWItcmlnaHQEc2xrA3ZpZC11bi1saW5r?ch=4226714&cl=15505716&lang=en

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: Why do they pry? This has to make life hard enough.  [message #58649 is a reply to message #58647] Fri, 11 September 2009 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

In prior days they used to examine female athletes bits. An enlarged clitoris was enough to disqualify. They have always done this crap and they always will.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Why do they pry? This has to make life hard enough.  [message #58658 is a reply to message #58649] Sat, 12 September 2009 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Track and field could be a barrier breaker sport if they decide to abolish foolish gender testing and let all race without barriers of male or female.

Raymundo
Re: Why do they pry? This has to make life hard enough.  [message #58669 is a reply to message #58658] Sat, 12 September 2009 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

It's a difficult call. Abolish gender and then you'd see the field dominated by black men. But it is already dominated by black people, so I guess having gender neutral races would be no different to the current racially neutral races.

The question of womens sport is a perplexing one, I think. On the whole I think genders warrant some differentiation, though. They are different and not as good in some areas. But that doesn't make them lesser people.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Why do they pry? This has to make life hard enough.  [message #58701 is a reply to message #58669] Tue, 15 September 2009 04:36 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Over 100 years ago, the rule of thought was to prevent women deaths from over exertion, so the ruling board of track and field prohibited women from competing in any races. Gradually, the shorter races allowed women to compete. It wasn't until the Los Angeles Olympic games that women were allowed to run the marathon. We won't be around 100 years from now that women will be beating all men in all track and field competition and our future society will chuckle at how backwards our thinking about competition among genders was hogwash.
And there will be a couple of gay presidents and even a lesbian president. Just be patient.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Paul Schroder, your email is bouncing
Next Topic: World AIDS Day - 1 December 2009
Goto Forum: