A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Brody's Scribbles... Another POV on subject of Sex Offenders
icon4.gif Brody's Scribbles... Another POV on subject of Sex Offenders  [message #59006] Thu, 08 October 2009 13:23 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

By Brody Levesque (Washington DC) Oct 8 | In last Sunday's edition of BN&S, I ran a guest editorial by Dr. Marty Klein, a prominent Marriage & Family Therapist and Certified Sex Therapist, from Palo Alto, California. In the op-ed piece, Dr. Klein had railed against an Iowa case where the Iowa Supreme Court reaffirmed the conviction of 18-year-old Jorge Canal, who complied with a 14-year-old friend’s request for a photo of his penis. Canal is now a registered Sex Offender. (Klein's Op-ed)
This editorial has generated numerous comments and e-mails regarding this hot-button topic among Americans split on an opinion as to what should be done over the growing problems of where to house, employ, and deal with a burgeoning population of people on the Sexual Offence registries of the United States.
From The Bilerico Project's Managing Editor, Alex Blaze, comes this editorial:

http://brodylevesque.blogspot.com/2009/10/brodys-scribbles-another-point-of-view.html

[Updated on: Thu, 08 October 2009 13:30]

Re: Brody's Scribbles... Another POV on subject of Sex Offenders  [message #59016 is a reply to message #59006] Fri, 09 October 2009 04:31 Go to previous message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Glad to know there are experts that confirm my intuitions.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Previous Topic: Drivel Defense
Next Topic: So what about this guys?
Goto Forum: