A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > First love; first contact
First love; first contact  [message #59081] Tue, 13 October 2009 13:28 Go to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

I think that guys are falling in love and losing virginity earlier now than in my generation. I admired my first love from about age 9 but didn't fall totally for him until we were 19. My first sex was at 26, with a stranger. The guy wasn't even nice, but I just needed to lose my virginity real bad. I wonder how those ages compare with others here.

Macky

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59082 is a reply to message #59081] Tue, 13 October 2009 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Love? Total at 13.
Virginity? in public, with a girl to prove I wasn't queer, at 17. Quite sordid, really.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59083 is a reply to message #59082] Tue, 13 October 2009 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fingolfin is currently offline  Fingolfin

Likes it here

Obsession? 14, beautiful boy
Virginity? 22, ex-girlfriend
Love? 22, the same ex-
Loving a boy? 25, wonderful guy
Gay virginity? still innocent Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 13:41]

It is better to switch on a small light than to curse the darkness.
- Vincent Šikula, Slovak writer
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59084 is a reply to message #59082] Tue, 13 October 2009 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"in public"?

Omigosh!

I am bad, bad! But I just gotta ask. You don't have to reply. How did you lose your virginity in public?

Macky

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59085 is a reply to message #59083] Tue, 13 October 2009 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

So Mark,

Are you out of circulation now, still looking for your first guy, or other? And you may publicly berate me for asking such a personal question. I'm just nosy this morning.

Macky

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59086 is a reply to message #59084] Tue, 13 October 2009 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You need to read http://iomfats.org/aboutme/lifestory/

It was at a party, at a friend's home, in the dark but in full view of everyone.

It was not a life enhancing experience.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59087 is a reply to message #59081] Tue, 13 October 2009 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

Lost my virginity in the spring of my 12th year, just turned 12 and went all the way. I felt something for him but he was damaged I think from being abused by two much older brothers, he was just a bit to well informed for a 12 yr old. I do know that my two older brothers didn’t like his brothers. Nevertheless we had fun for the summer until my family moved and what a move it was.
Maybe it was just the times, 1966 but the kids I knew in Charlotte North Carolina were something else, it took no time to find other boys and girls that wanted to play! Yes even a couple of girls. I didn’t fall in love with anyone until I was 14 Charley was quite the cutey and sweet to boot but we were doomed even though culturally we had a slim chance it being 1967-68…

Dispite how good that all may sound, I would like a do over in a more conducive environment.It was pretty rough going early on truth be told. To go back and know the innocence once again, to know those first tentative moments without fear. Sigh
Razz

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59088 is a reply to message #59081] Tue, 13 October 2009 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

I was a late developer, Macky. I wasn't seriously aware of sexual attraction till about 18, had my first sexual experience with a friend who I had invited home to spend a weekend's leave from the navy and fell in love just before my 21st birthday with a guy who was amazingly nice to me both before and after I told him, but who didn't reciprocate - he was straight.

I just don't know how I could have managed if I had been loving or lusting after selected other boys when I was still at school. I don't know how today's youth do manage. They have to rely on parents who are a great deal more understanding than mine were/would have been.

Love,
Anthony

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 19:43]

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59089 is a reply to message #59087] Tue, 13 October 2009 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Well arich,

There goes my theory about young folks beginning earlier. At 12 I didn't even know how to masturbate. But by age 14 I could have really used a boyfriend like the Charley you mention.

Yeah, sometimes I think it would be fun to be young again and know what I know now and be in today's environment or maybe an environment 50 years of so hence. But you know, I'd probably just fuck it up again so what the hell.

I'm not complaining. I think I've got it pretty good now. I didn't start until 26, but I made up for my lost time and have lots of great memories.

Did you ever get into a long term relationship? I was never exclusive with guys; a sort of butterfly trying out all the flowers. But I have been faithful with my wife for 22 years now so I guess that I am where I belong.
Macky

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59090 is a reply to message #59086] Tue, 13 October 2009 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Well, Timmy, to be honest, I had sex in public once myself. Many years ago, a buddy and I were making out in his truck in a park after the park had closed. A cop caught us and ticketed us for being in the park after hours. At least he didn't ticket us for having sex in a public place which I suppose would have been a bigger fine. Ah, crazy youth. Sometimes I'm thankful it's gone.

Macky

Re: First love; first contact [what's virginity?]  [message #59091 is a reply to message #59081] Tue, 13 October 2009 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Macky, what do you mean by 'losing one's virginity'? Sometimes it means 'have been the receiver in anal intercourse' but not always.

I think by this definition I'm still a virgin since no-one has ever buggered me. I once sat on Peter but neither he nor I were in a state to do anything about it - it did go in, just!

On the other hand I've been a top many times and would say that it didn't blow my mind or anything. I didn't mind doing it but would have been quite happy with other things. The truth is that I so liked to hug and fondle and play that it didn't seem to matter what the route to orgasm was paved with.

But I'd accept the suggestion that the first sex with a man is losing one's virginity. The difference between before and after that is so much greater than any subsequent new experience could bring.

It surprises me that people who were buggered at the age of 12 seem to have accepted it happily. I can't imagine that I could have done that.

It takes all sorts, I suppose.

Love,
Anthony
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59092 is a reply to message #59088] Tue, 13 October 2009 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I guess 21 is a late bloomer Anthony. But I was 26. That's probably a real late bloomer. But at least I bloomed. I went on blooming a lot after that until I closed up shop and got married. But ya know, I do not regret any sex I ever had. It was all good.

Macky

Re: First love; first contact [what's virginity?]  [message #59093 is a reply to message #59091] Tue, 13 October 2009 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"It surprises me that people who were buggered at the age of 12 seem to have accepted it happily"

Oh Anthony,

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.

At 26, I just had active oral sex, and I consider that losing virginity. That's what I always liked best. It wasn't until I was 34 that I was anal passive and I only did that once. I did some anal active in between, but never really that much.

But, if you read one of Kiwi's stories, Virgil gives "what remained of his virginity" to Joel. I cracked up when I read that. Kiwi is a great writer. He makes me laugh a lot.

Macky

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59094 is a reply to message #59092] Tue, 13 October 2009 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Nor do I, Macky - that is regret any sex.

But I found a street sign for you. Perhaps you would call it 'non-virgin st'?

Or perhaps, as virgin olive oil must be made from unstuffed olives, it ought to be renamed 'Bottom Street'?

By the way it is right in the middle of Bristol.

There doesn't seem to be an 'Upper Gay St' but there is a 'Lower Cock Road'.

Love,
Anthony
Re: First love; first contact [what's virginity?]  [message #59095 is a reply to message #59093] Tue, 13 October 2009 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Yes, Macky. It still surprises me. But I give you that Kiwi is great.

If you like Kiwi I guess you would like Cole Parker (on Awesomedude & Nifty) if you haven't come across him. [I hope such recommendations are not against the spirit of APOS.]

Love,
Anthony
Re: First love; first contact [what's virginity?]  [message #59096 is a reply to message #59095] Tue, 13 October 2009 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/cole/

Re: First love; first contact [what's virginity?]  [message #59097 is a reply to message #59091] Tue, 13 October 2009 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You lose your virginity when you consider that you lose it.

Someone who was a virgin and penetrated against their will is, in my book, still a virgin, for example. It is a state of mind.

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59100 is a reply to message #59085] Wed, 14 October 2009 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fingolfin is currently offline  Fingolfin

Likes it here

Still looking for my first, yes Smile

It is better to switch on a small light than to curse the darkness.
- Vincent Šikula, Slovak writer
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59104 is a reply to message #59089] Wed, 14 October 2009 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

Long term? Yeah so to speak, thing is by the time I reached young adulthood I was of the mind that it was pointless for people with a more or less same sex orientation to be a part of caricature of a hetero relationship. I believed then, as I do now, we could and maybe should be part of something much more dynamic, not promiscuous mind you for I have felt the sting of that way of life, but a loving relationship amongst a group is I think quiet possible and maybe even more appropriate for those that have no intent to procreate. As we can see even amongst heteros long term monogamous relationships are becoming the exception rather than the rule. So I wonder as a at this concept of having only one loved one for a life time. Surprised ::-)

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: First love; first contact [what's virginity?]  [message #59109 is a reply to message #59097] Thu, 15 October 2009 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Unknown to me (which was my pattern for most of my young life), I was in love with a red haired boy, both he and I in the sixth grade.
I didn't get my virginity lost until nineteen with my boyfriend one wonderful winter evening after both of us got off work and he invited me over his house

Raymundo
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59139 is a reply to message #59081] Fri, 16 October 2009 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I fantasised about boys from as young as 11.
I first identified with the label "bi" at 16, within 6 months I'd decided I was "gay", not "bi".
My first sexual experience was shortly after my 17th birthday. He was my first love. I had a crush on him which matured into something of a mild obsession and a kind of love as he returned affection. After we got together sexually I felt he reciprocated and I grew to love him more. We never had anal sex- just oral sex and mutual masturbation. I was still scared of anal. I only knew him for about 6-9 months, then he dropped out of my life.

My next sex was at about 17 1/2. I went all the way to trying anal sex both ways- but usually avoided it.

I'm now almost 25. I've found someone I want to stay with for the foreseeable future. We have an active sex life (I'm usually the "top").

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59147 is a reply to message #59139] Fri, 16 October 2009 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

There seems to be a lot of variety in the age for first love/contact. But one thing that is rather remarkable in these accounts is that fact that everyone started noticing boys pre-puberty, with the possible exception of acam. Could it be that it just takes a kid that long to learn what he really wants, or do emerging gays have a greater than average ability to control their sexual desires, perhaps due to society's generally unfavorable view of homosexuality.
I wonder if homo kids develop a sexual interest sooner than herero kids, or if homo kids generally experience first sex later than hetero, or if it's just all in my head.

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59148 is a reply to message #59147] Fri, 16 October 2009 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

No. It was puberty that arrived and showed me I was gay.

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59153 is a reply to message #59148] Sat, 17 October 2009 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

It was the same for me as for timmy.

It was only once I started getting erections and the first signs of pubic hair that my interest in boys was aroused.

Before then I always thought wanted to play kiss and catch with the girls.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59154 is a reply to message #59153] Sat, 17 October 2009 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

People forget that puberty starts well before the obvious physical signs. It doesn't happen overnight, either. It takes 6 or more years to complete.

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59158 is a reply to message #59154] Sun, 18 October 2009 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

My case is a perfect example of hindsight. I had already noticed boys my age and even got to play with one of my friends naked. I hardly thought this was a gay experience. I was into the little league sports and once in middle school, I was heavy into athletics. All the minute gay experiences are becoming evidently clearer now. I just wished I had some inkling about how this may have been my niche in the years to come.

Raymundo
Re: First love; first contact  [message #59159 is a reply to message #59158] Sun, 18 October 2009 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

That's the way it was for me too, Mundo. When I wanted to play doctor, boys were my preferred patients. I can recall an early fascination with foreskins. I didn't understand why my penis looked different from most of the other boys'. Except for Marky's. Marky had a penis like mine. We'd go in the outhouse together and he would ask if mine got hard and we'd do show and tell stuff. This was all before puberty. I don't think it was sexual. It was interest and curiosity. Little girls never had the same allure for me. There just wasn't that much to see.
Macky

Re: First love; first contact  [message #59164 is a reply to message #59159] Mon, 19 October 2009 04:53 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

My buddy and I were just having fun and getting some time to see one another naked. We never heard about gay or queer. We did not think about ourselves as such or that we were in love. And we played more with clothes on. Now, this early event and others really have me admitting that I am gay and did have early experiences. And we were having fun. What else could young boys want?

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Charles Trenet
Next Topic: Who did their landscaping?
Goto Forum: