A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > *tackle hugs timmy*
icon7.gif *tackle hugs timmy*  [message #59868] Tue, 01 December 2009 19:54 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Just because I think you deserve it.

And just a little because you need it.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: *tackle hugs timmy*  [message #59872 is a reply to message #59868] Tue, 01 December 2009 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I haven't had my tackle hugged for a while!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: *tackle hugs timmy*  [message #59881 is a reply to message #59868] Tue, 01 December 2009 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

Saben,

I do not understand the concept *tackle hug*. Literally it could be interpreted as good or bad, but judging from this exchange it seems good. I sort of gather that it might be akin to what I call an "ego Stroke". An ego stroke is a well earned "Bravo" to someone for something they did well. Is that a *tackle hug*?

Are there other variations on this theme? Seems that we need to stop dwelling on what this site does not have and begin to appreciate what it does have. Please list all the ways that we can make each other feel good using this medium. Hey...that's a good new post...I'll start it.

Macky

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: *tackle hugs timmy*  [message #59907 is a reply to message #59881] Wed, 02 December 2009 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

A tackle hug, also known as a "glomp" comes from Japanese Animation (Anime) primarily. It's where one character does a running jump at another character that turns into a hug at the end of it. It's literally tackling and hugging at the same time.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: *tackle hugs timmy*  [message #59909 is a reply to message #59907] Wed, 02 December 2009 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Oh and the asterisks around it are chat-room convention for turning something into an action.

*hopes that Macky understands what he was doing now*

Master Oogway
Re: *tackle hugs timmy*  [message #59910 is a reply to message #59868] Wed, 02 December 2009 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes, Saben. I too, think Timmy is under some stress at the moment. And I am halfway (and a bit to one side) between where he is moving from and where he is moving to and I too would like to find a way to relieve his stress.

So any time he wants to travel via Bristol I'll be glad to provide a meal and a drink.

Love,
Anthony
Re: *tackle hugs timmy*  [message #59944 is a reply to message #59909] Thu, 03 December 2009 03:05 Go to previous message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

Thanks for the pointers. Pretty soon, I'll be able to speak under25ish.

Macky

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Previous Topic: Looking at news....
Next Topic: Caution! The following is an editorial, it may piss you off
Goto Forum: