A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > JFR in intensive cardiac care
icon9.gif JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60089] Wed, 09 December 2009 09:30 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Just had a text message from JFR's extended family. It says simply that he is in intensive cardiac care. I have no idea if this is precautionary or critical. The message came originally from him with a request to tell me. So he is, or was, awake and taking notice.

While it is unlikely that he will be able to read the site for some time, I think sending him our love will help, somehow.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 December 2009 09:31]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60090 is a reply to message #60089] Wed, 09 December 2009 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

A great Guy only deserves the Best Wishes, please pass mine along to him Smile

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60092 is a reply to message #60089] Wed, 09 December 2009 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

JFR is one of the people I know that I most admire for his tolerance, his wisdom, and his ability to disagree profoundly but always politely (though I've been astonished at how often we've arrived at the same conclusions, coming from very different traditions and life experiences). Best wishes and, indeed, love to JFR.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60094 is a reply to message #60089] Wed, 09 December 2009 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes, Timmy, but as he cannot have told his family of his membership here you will have to forward our 'get well soon' cards.

Please send my love.

Love,
Anthony
Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60095 is a reply to message #60094] Wed, 09 December 2009 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well, what I am hoping is that he is soon back to enough health to read this forum, and this is an excursion as a precaution, not a trip of urgent and horrid necessity Smile

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60099 is a reply to message #60095] Wed, 09 December 2009 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beholden is currently offline  Beholden

Toe is in the water

I am a newbie, but I have read JFR's posts in the past.

Please pass on my wishes.

...night has brought to those who sleep, only dreams they cannot keep...
Back home  [message #60103 is a reply to message #60089] Wed, 09 December 2009 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It was important that he went in, but it was precautionary and he is home now and, being JFR, probably refusing to rest.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 December 2009 15:46]

Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60109 is a reply to message #60089] Wed, 09 December 2009 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I wish him well. =(

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60110 is a reply to message #60089] Wed, 09 December 2009 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aqualino is currently offline  aqualino

Likes it here

I also extend my best wishes to JFR for a quick and complete recovery. He is a very wise voice on this board and I always hold his opinions on certain matters in very high regard.

aqua

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. Washington Irving
Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60114 is a reply to message #60089] Wed, 09 December 2009 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Please add my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
The patient is sitting up and taking notice  [message #60119 is a reply to message #60089] Thu, 10 December 2009 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well he is home. He had a nasty episode which is his to describe or not. It was sufficient to involve the emergency services, and it righted itself without intervention.

He is home and resting, pending further checks.

Re: The patient is sitting up and taking notice  [message #60134 is a reply to message #60119] Thu, 10 December 2009 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

That is good news. Thank you Timmy.

JFR, please, please take care of yourself. We want you around for a good long while yet.

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: JFR in intensive cardiac care  [message #60135 is a reply to message #60089] Thu, 10 December 2009 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

JFR, I'm thinking of you, and I've just sent you an email.

Hugs,

David
The Bad Penny Returns  [message #60160 is a reply to message #60089] Mon, 14 December 2009 07:48 Go to previous message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

... as it always does! I'm back.

All you good people who sent me their best wishes both here and privately - thank you so much. I had a serious attack of VT. Precautionary measures have been taken to ensure mechanical interference should it happen again.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Previous Topic: A metaphor by any other name ...
Next Topic: Reparative Therapy
Goto Forum: