A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Right, The Left, Politicos, Etc.....
icon3.gif The Right, The Left, Politicos, Etc.....  [message #60942] Tue, 09 February 2010 13:39 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

I'm a political reporter and I absolutely love my job. I get to cover people that without a doubt sometimes break the barriers of believability just by opening their mouths. The 'foot-in-mouth' & 'head-up-their-arse' routines never cease to amaze me. I'm not saying that there are not those whose public service is quite credible and noteworthy, there are. It's just that politics seems to bring out the worst in some folk and the fringe elements that leave average people shaking their heads. Oh and this applies globally, not just here in the U. S. where I reside.

These days, with so much economic turmoil and a government that is for the most part paralyzed by "buy your political" ideology, this was exemplified by a wonder piece on ABCNews last night that highlighted several Republican members of both houses of Congress that are obstructing legislative efforts. The funny part was that they were even voting against legislation that they had agreed to or in several instances sponsored.

So it's with great pleasure I present this bit of comic relief followed by a "map" of the United States as "prayed for" by the former Alaska governor Sarah Palin and a host of 600 that gathered over the weekend for the National Tea party convention:

Link Here: http://videos.mediaite.com/video/Jon-Stewart-Goes-After-The-Tea

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2010 00:34]

Re: The Right, The Left, Politicos, Etc.....  [message #60944 is a reply to message #60942] Tue, 09 February 2010 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I don't know that California should be in the club anymore. Prop8 should be grounds for automatic dismissal.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: The Right, The Left, Politicos, Etc.....  [message #60976 is a reply to message #60942] Wed, 10 February 2010 22:45 Go to previous message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

jon stewart doesn't usually do it for me, but i'll watch anyone make fun of sarah palin.

I lived in the DC area for 22 years, a mile outside the beltway, thank goodness. So you know the local news was always national and that wasn't good. I feel your pain, Brody
;-D

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: Fatherhood
Next Topic: Obama's radical appointees????
Goto Forum: