A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Breakfast with Scot
Breakfast with Scot  [message #61388] Tue, 16 March 2010 15:21 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Anyone seen it?

It was just on TV... it's a sweet movie.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Great film, and one that damn near didn't get made.  [message #61394 is a reply to message #61388] Tue, 16 March 2010 21:43 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

The controversy stemmed from the proposed appearance of the entire Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey team in segments of the film.

Nay-sayers felt having three central gay characters (two adults, one child) would blemmish the image of the team if they participated in the film. The Team-players didn't feel that way and were backing the film 100%. The Corporate Offices of the NHL weighed in, and it it were not for the objections from the Toronto Team about the meddling, the Corporate Officials would not have sanctioned use of the Trademarks and Logos.

In the end the film got made, it did well at the box office, and nobody raised an eyebrow at all.

I recommend it to anyone who wants to watch a film that represents good, wholesome, family entertainment.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Tue, 16 March 2010 21:44]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Previous Topic: The tribulations of being gay and coming out
Next Topic: Revisionist History in America
Goto Forum: