A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > What a load of old cock!
What a load of old cock!  [message #61556] Wed, 24 March 2010 19:57 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://tinyurl.com/yj2la3j

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61558 is a reply to message #61556] Wed, 24 March 2010 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

So will iomfats be celebrating the penis festival (phallus phestival?) this year, Timmy?

Max

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61559 is a reply to message #61558] Wed, 24 March 2010 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well, I'm off to Japan in a few weeks!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61560 is a reply to message #61559] Wed, 24 March 2010 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Watch your sore ass when you get on the trains. Guys in white gloves will push your ass in, in order to get the doors shut. When I was on the train there, one standing girl straddled my knee and ...ummm...sorta invaded my space. Wouldn't have minded it so much if it were a nice young man.

Max

Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61561 is a reply to message #61560] Wed, 24 March 2010 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Right on, Max, we used to call them "stuffers" when I was a kid.

Lived in Tokyo for six years, some of the best times of my life, the most freedom I ever had. Imagine a lone American child of seven who could take public transport across a city of millions and arrive safely every time. That's how I got to school. What's happened to us as a people?

I found the Japanese to be the most civilized society I have encountered. Sorry guys, never saw a giant penis, just a few little ones on my mates. ;-D

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61564 is a reply to message #61561] Wed, 24 March 2010 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Hi Chris,

Did you pick up much of the language living there for that length of time as a kid? I worked with an American guy who grew up there and could speak Japanese like a native.

Japanese restrooms also were a bit of a culture shock at times...at least when I was there... probably around 15 years ago. The airports were good. Men's and Lady's rooms...great! Just like USA. But when I was standing at the urinal with my shit all hangin out, this old mama san comes along with a mop, mopping around under my feet. It was like they didn't get the whole concept.

I was once in this little restaurant that only had a one-seater...well...hole in the floor without a seat actually...anyway...there was a little window in the door so that people could look in to see if anyone was using the shitter before they entered. What inginuity! Why didn't we think of that!

Also, borrowed english words are a trip, like toretu papah (toilet paper) or keku (cake).

And pachinko parlors...the noise smoke and sweat...God...how do they enjoy that...and the little places you can exchange your pachinko candy prizes for cash money ...that's how they get around gambling laws that don't allow monetary prizes.

And the people drink like fish!

And I saw people in a restaurant digging in to a fish that was still moving around.

I was even treated to the only earthquake I've ever experienced while I was there.

It was a very eye-opening couple of weeks. Timmy will have a ball. But he really has to be careful of his injured posterior when boarding a train.

Max

Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61569 is a reply to message #61556] Thu, 25 March 2010 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Thanks timmy.

One thing bothers me about that article - bothers me a lot & i can't stop thinking, 'if they make a new giant penis every year wtf do they do with the old one?' Burn it? Cut it? Like what?

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61576 is a reply to message #61569] Thu, 25 March 2010 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Have you never heard of the attic?

somewhere there is a whole attic just filled...

Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61577 is a reply to message #61556] Thu, 25 March 2010 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

During my 18 months in Japan I never saw a wooden penis, but I did still see a few woody penises.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61579 is a reply to message #61569] Thu, 25 March 2010 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

It was already cut off! I found the flat end a bit disturbing when they were dancing around with it. And why was there a little shelter over the middle of it? Couldn't they afford one that protected the ends?

Love,
Anthony
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61580 is a reply to message #61564] Thu, 25 March 2010 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Max wrote"
>But when I was standing at the urinal with my shit all hangin out…<

Max, are you sure you were in the right place?

Btw, don't go to continental Europe if you don't like women attendants in the men's.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61588 is a reply to message #61564] Thu, 25 March 2010 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I was in Japan from age 5 to 11, 1955 to '61. The US was a distant memory, I had nothing but Japansese culture around me since we were non-military and didn't face the same restrictions they had.

But I attended private school with 80 different nationalities and we were taught by French Canadians. I spoke English like my British and Aussie friends, that made me the odd one when I returned to the States, but that's another story.

I informally learned Japanese from our maid. In trade I taught her better English, she was a retired teacher, a wonderful and patient person. As I said, I had the freedom of a huge city, the largest in the world at the time. That required speaking skills although so many Japanese were learning English at the high school level.

I would walk my way past the pachinko parlors on the way home from school, my hand small enough to reach up inside the machine and snag the balls that often became trapped. The prizes back then were cigarettes and booze, they gave me money when I won, no one ever kicked me out. But I took the money and bought flavored ice at the restaurant next door. Life's little pleasures.

I remember Japanese words, phrases, but without practice most of it is gone like the British accent I had to unlearn. In my family we still call a toilet the benjo, and I remember squatting over a public toilet, although we had western fixtures in the house my father built.

Being stuffed in trains, earthquakes, typhoons, it was all a part of growing up there. I didn't see a television until I was 12 and for that reason I learned the most valuable lesson in my life, I read books.

Japan was still in the aftershock of the war, there were legless veterans here and there. Old people still peed on the side of the road or squatted as needed. Ladies would breast feed babies on the streetcar, it was all honest and natural.

To the Japanese a boy child is the most valuable asset they have. Children were like a national treasure. I was safe whererever I went and was treated with respect. I will always remember the look I got when I would bow to a Japanese person. They understood that I respected their culture, it opened doors for me.(although there was always the confusion of when to stop bowing, it sometimes got humorous) I remember it all quite fondly.

I don't know what to tell Timmy, my experiences were so long ago. Visit the temples or get out of the city to view the mountains. Meji Park in Tokyo is stunning and thousands of years old. Just be polite and it will be returned in kind. When in doubt eat soba, they make wonderful soups. And if it crawls off your plate don't chase it. ;-D

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: What a load of old cock!  [message #61591 is a reply to message #61576] Thu, 25 March 2010 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

An attic? Up above their heads? Look at the size of that thing and how many years has this festival been going?

What a load of old cock!

cheers

IOMfAtS Message  [message #61964 is a reply to message #61577] Wed, 14 April 2010 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

"There will be a planned update gap 24 or so April to 12 or so May. I'm going to Japan for a short while."

When exactly was that festival again? ;-D

cheers

Re: IOMfAtS Message  [message #61965 is a reply to message #61964] Wed, 14 April 2010 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

To the home of the enormous dildo...

Re: IOMfAtS Message  [message #61970 is a reply to message #61965] Thu, 15 April 2010 05:19 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

That's why Japan is known as the Land of the "RISING" Sun. And the Sun is big and hot!

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Political homophibia in America
Next Topic: Hey, Timmy…
Goto Forum: