A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Wow You Are Sooooooooo Missing The Point Dudes!!!!!!!
icon8.gif Wow You Are Sooooooooo Missing The Point Dudes!!!!!!!  [message #61761] Fri, 02 April 2010 17:24 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

This is Sean and I promised my dad I'd be nice but you dudes are so seriously missing the point, I mean its like he asked a question and you guys are like blah blah blah blah and none of that crap is what a teen wants to hear. Oh and heroin? whoa dudes, that is so f'd up. Chip & I lost a friend to in a drug od so that guy thats saying nothing is wrong with heroin, you are so wrong and so pathetic man.

the teen wanted to to hear things that would be positive like what nick said the NW. Who is too cool cause he's like hooked up in the real world of being Gay. you other dudes need to be careful you all have your shortys you are married to and stuff how do you really know about being gay????? you really think that what you said is right? nick nw is, thats a fact

oh and the old dude that bashed my dad about the text post a couple weeks ago? look not everything my dad posts is for old dudes sometimes its for teens and younger people who know whats what why do you even comment if you dont know about that stuff? your like grandpa old and married and dude your from england so what do you know about gay stuff here in america?

you all just blah blah blah to hear yourselves talk? why?

the teen needs to know about being real, himself not some stupid label im a guy, my boyfriends a guy we love each other and have sex too end of story

why do i have to be a label????? gay straight bi queer weird WTF? i'm me and i love my man so what?

all that other stuff you guys said? who cares what about helping the teen see for himself about love even if you use your shorty as an example he didn t want or need a lecture or weird shit about heroin being great which is so f'd up

you can flame me its okay but you all like my dad is always saying "lost the bloody plot"
Re: Wow You Are Sooooooooo Missing The Point Dudes!!!!!!!  [message #61763 is a reply to message #61761] Fri, 02 April 2010 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

You're 21. I'm 25. You are more my contemporary than you are a 15 year old's.

Yet you're totally missing the point of my posts.

An intellectual teenager would be able to understand a great deal of what I posted and it would resonate with them. What I posted would have been a comfort to me at 16. Because I was a smart teen.

We don't have direct correspondence to the kid- so we talk about and around the issue. Timmy's told us nothing about him. So in the absence of information, we assume "oh, he's just like I was". You've assumed that, by assuming that he's like you were at 15ish, I've made that same assumption. I've assumed a smart kid, you've assumed one like you.

You're right that the label shouldn't matter- but you seem to want to try and push "it's okay". If he doesn't feel and think it's okay then just telling him "it is okay" isn't going to gain much traction. At least not if he's like I used to be.

I wanted to kill myself at 16 because I was religious and gay. My entire belief system told me "Gay = Wrong". I had to have strong justification to disregard that belief system. I needed a REASON, emotionally and logically to think that it was okay to be gay. I had to be able to challenge the entire system I grew up believing in.

For me- I was either gay or I was Mormon. There was no way I could believe in Mormonism AND accept myself as gay. Without challenging that system of beliefs in its entirety I couldn't challenge any one part of it.

So maybe what I said won't help the teen, maybe it will. I don't know enough about his circumstances and experiences. The fact is I've discussed how and why I came to the conclusions I've come to. How I was able to accept that I'M gay and it's okay. It worked for me, it may not work for anyone. But I thought the point of the original post was to give our own experiences- because not every approach to problems works for everyone.

As for Heroin. Timmy himself brought that into the conversation. But logical consistency is important to me. I have to be able to justify my beliefs. I can't say "I believe it's okay JUST COS". I need a reason. And timmy was challenging my reasons, so I was saying what my beliefs are and why I believe them. Because the original question was about morality. It was about what's RIGHT and what's WRONG. Some people use the Bible to decide what is right and wrong, some people look at consequences, some just go off social pressures and their friends' opinions, and so on. I go off logic. Logic determines my views of morality. And logic, mixed with an analysis of my emotions determines my views of sexuality.

If this specific teen doesn't get anything from my comments maybe he'll get something from someone else's. But maybe someone else will get something from what I've said. Because to me it's important. It's why I'm okay with ME being gay.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 April 2010 17:55]

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
I suggest Sean that to be taken seriously, you ...  [message #61765 is a reply to message #61761] Fri, 02 April 2010 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... like your father has, should open your "own" account and become a Member here.

Using your father's account, whether or not with or without his tacit consent, after a fashion, could very well diminish our perception of him, and his views, at one and the same time failing to solidify in our mind those that you hold to be true.

That having been said, why not THEN REPLY DIRECTLY to the thread entitled "Being homosexual is wrong!" What do you tell the speaker?, itself, and voice your views, concerns and thoughts more appropriately to the youth in question. This strikes me as being more of a service to him and his wanting (and needing) help than trashing everything in site.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: I suggest Sean that to be taken seriously, you ...  [message #61767 is a reply to message #61765] Fri, 02 April 2010 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Because Sean is, quite reasonably, seriously pissed off and does not want to put his pissed-offness into that thread.

Do we not take him seriously because he borrows an account? Is that what you are saying?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
No, and likely not properly or adequately expressed ....  [message #61770 is a reply to message #61767] Fri, 02 April 2010 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... what I'm suggesting is that in order to separate his view-point from that of his father, his own account would serve his opinions better, and allow us to visually separate his perspective on a topic from that of his father's.

Personally I would like to hear (and read) more from Sean; with perhaps a tad less anger, is all.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Fri, 02 April 2010 19:58]

Re: No, and likely not properly or adequately expressed ....  [message #61771 is a reply to message #61770] Fri, 02 April 2010 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'd like him to create his own account as well, but for a different reason. We need more youth here.

The anger he showed was substantially restrained as I am sure he will tell us all. It matches mine, which I usually express more coldly. Smile

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: No, and likely not properly or adequately expressed ....  [message #61773 is a reply to message #61771] Fri, 02 April 2010 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senne is currently offline  Senne

Likes it here

Timmy, your anger has no place not even in the coldest regions of Pluto , my dear friend you have a very good foul temper when you wish. hehe
Re: No, and likely not properly or adequately expressed ....  [message #61774 is a reply to message #61773] Fri, 02 April 2010 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Be extremely thankful that you have never seen it Smile

Re: No, and likely not properly or adequately expressed ....  [message #61778 is a reply to message #61774] Fri, 02 April 2010 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senne is currently offline  Senne

Likes it here

*hugs*
Re: No, and likely not properly or adequately expressed ....  [message #61779 is a reply to message #61774] Sat, 03 April 2010 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

When is anger a good thing?

Max

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
icon13.gif To be taken seriously? You just made my argument Austin 4 Me  [message #61802 is a reply to message #61765] Sun, 04 April 2010 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Blah Blah Blah---seriously disrespectful. I GOT my Dad's permission to use his account because I wanted to and DID answer the teen in the thread which obviously old dud you never read. My Dad trusts me and using his Brody Levesque account is just the same me asking to borrow his truck keys.

Wow... then you even said this?

"could very well diminish our perception of him, and his views, at one and the same time failing to solidify in our mind those that you hold to be true."

Dude, that so disses my Dad & Me. You are obviously one of the Old Dads that hate my Dad here because he's a reporter and very opinionated. My Dad got so tired of being bashed he just gave up posting stuff that could help people or inform them cause a small group of you all kept being jerks like that old dude who didn't even understand that not everything Dad posts is for everybody.

And Me? Austin, I am me period. You don't get it and I am not gonna try. I wrote to that teen. Then I came back because instead of advise that teen could use there was just a bunch of bullshit. OH yeah. you also said that I was " than trashing everything in site." Dude, wrong! Chip & I read this site all the time. We LIKE Timmy and what he says and posts and the stories.

We were going to maybe join, but we saw what happened to Dad and we still are not thinking its a good idea. Oh and plus you attacked me for pointing out that all the old dudes missed the point. It was exactly blah blah blah.

Now I said go ahead and flame me so you did, its cool. But you made my point about really not getting it.

You didn't read what I said.

Oh and Saben? Chip IS Moromon dude. We know EXACTLY what its like including wanting to kill yourself so please spare us. You were saying that Heroin was okay dude. It doesn't matter to Chip & I who said it first man. Chip & Me lost a good friend to a Heroin OD so its NOT cool at all to us.

Yeah Chip saw this too: "Personally I would like to hear (and read) more from Sean; with perhaps a tad less anger, is all." Dude, I have every right to be angry. Especially after you dissed me.

Timmy says to respond from the kids perspective which means the teen wants advice NOT a lecture. Timmy never said how old the teen was either btw but Chip & I know exactly how he feels and we have gay friends who can relate and we are all in that age range. Oh and Saben, dude you are from Australia dude, have you ever been to the states? Theres way more christnazis here than where you live.

Chip & I may get an account but we also know that Dad loves & trusts me enough to be able to use his account cause I felt like I should to help Timmy answer the teen not argue with you old dudes about bs that really doesnt matter.

BTW my Dad when I called him said that he was NOT going to jump in this cause he said: "They've lost the bloody plot Sean."

You arent all that Austin at all.

SEAN LEVESQUE USING BRODYS ACCOUNT WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE & PERMISSION
Well I'm guessing that I've been told!  [message #61803 is a reply to message #61802] Sun, 04 April 2010 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

To correct ONE small point though:

I have neither been, nor likely to be, one of your father's critics; moreover, whatever the controversy was that ensured here recently at the Board (and I've only read mention of it) I certainly was not one of its' participants.

If your father and I have our differences, your father and I will air them (and have done so), both between us, and sharing those differences with all of the Membership here.

And, yes do please OPEN AN ACCOUNT of your own; and Chip too for that matter, as his opinions on some topics may well differ yet again from that of your own and that of your father. As Timmy so eloquently expresses in his comment to mine (which I later amended, I might add) WE DO NEED more youth here, and have done so for quite some time.

Amongst the greatest, and ever present, challenges we collectively face at APOS is BALANCING SERVICES we provide to the elderly (and likely single) such as myself, the married (and non-practicing Gay such as any number I could name here), the disenfranchised or otherwise alienated Gay (whether practicing or not, and probably our largest Membership), the gender troubled (regardless of marital status or age) and especially the youth.

To achieve any degree of success in aiding any who visit, whatever their reason for being here at all, we need a broad spectrum of talent at our disposal encompassing age, experience, needs and purpose. I would think that you, Sean, and your mate Chip, could very well fit in here quite well; this despite that ANGER of yours.

Political Activism is one thing, and one thing only. A Place of Safety is many things, Political Activism being only a very, very, small component of sum of the total.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sun, 04 April 2010 15:14]

Re: To be taken seriously? You just made my argument Austin  [message #61804 is a reply to message #61802] Sun, 04 April 2010 15:08 Go to previous message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Sean, it is so heartening that you have inherited all your father's charm, tact and good manners.

Hugs
Old Dude

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Previous Topic: Uganda seeks DEATH PENALTY for homosexuality
Next Topic: My relationship is heading toward rocky waters - help?
Goto Forum: