A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay
icon12.gif President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62064] Fri, 23 April 2010 01:09 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Thursday, April 22, 2010
Brody's Notes... President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay

By Brody Levesque (Washington DC) Apr 22 | According to the President of Bolivia, speaking at a conference sponsored by his government tackling issues of global warming and the environment, the president alleges that consumption of chicken causes homosexuality & male pattern baldness. Morales said chicken producers injected fowl with female hormones and insisted that;

"When men eat those chickens they experience deviances in being men."

He told attendees that he only eats non-genetically modified chicken straight from the farm.
Morales also claimed the diet of many people of European descent can be linked to baldness and early breast growth in girls."
Baldness, which seems normal, is a disease in Europe. Almost everyone is bald, and it's related to the food they eat.

"Among the indigenous people there are no bald men, because we eat different things," he continued.

Morales's remarks have been criticised by Spain's National Federation of Lesbians, Gays, Transsexuals and Bisexuals, which sent a letter of protest to the Bolivian embassy in Madrid describing the president's remarks as homophobic.
In Buenos Aires the head of an Argentinian homosexual community campaigning organisation, Cesar Cigliutti, said:

"It's an absurdity to think that eating hormone-containing chicken can change the sexual orientation of a person. By following that reasoning, if we put male hormones in a chicken and we make a homosexual eat it he will transform into a heterosexual."

As chicken producers in Europe, the US and many other countries abandoned the use of hormones in poultry several decades ago, it seems unlikely that President Morale's theories are scientifically possible.

A spokesman for the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland in suburban Washington D. C. declined to comment on Morale's claims.

Evo Morales, President Of Bolivia Photo Courtesy of The Embassy Of Bolivia, Washington D. C.
Re: President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62065 is a reply to message #62064] Fri, 23 April 2010 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

Pres Evo brings up a very interesting point here. He claims that male pattern baldness is non-existant among Bolivia's indigenous population.

I suppose that even most scientists would laugh off the idea that it has to do with diet rather than heredity. But when no scientific study has occured, one can't really be sure.

I wonder if babies adopted from indiginous Bolivian parents into US families and raised here, have a statistically significantly higher degree of male pattern baldness than do the indigenous folks of Bolivia.

As my Jewish acquaintance always says about Christians..."never make fun of em, caz youi n e v e r know."

Max ;-D

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62066 is a reply to message #62065] Fri, 23 April 2010 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

There really is nothing new under the sun -

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62067 is a reply to message #62064] Fri, 23 April 2010 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Ye gods and little fishes! Wot nekst?

I am a vegan (among many other things that means no chicken at all). So much for His Excellency's theory!

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62079 is a reply to message #62064] Fri, 23 April 2010 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

It sounds like a dud theory, especially if expressed in absolute terms. However I do think that hormone intake can have some impact on brain development, which in turn can impact sexuality.

Other studies have asserted that the development of an embryo in the womb is when sexuality is influenced, so the diet of the mother could well play an important role, too.

I think a lot more is diet related than we give credit for. A lot of illnesses, etc, including mental illnesses may have lower rates of incidence were our diets different. The brain is made up of chemicals, after all, and the only way to impact the chemical composition of our bodies is food.

So while these particular claims sound unscientific, there is an area of scientific study that could arise around diet and sexuality. I doubt the link would ever be 100%, though, sexuality- like intelligence is socially influenced, too. Just because you eat a lot of fish and have high omega-3 intake that doesn't guarantee intelligence.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon7.gif Re: President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62091 is a reply to message #62064] Fri, 23 April 2010 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Someone send that idiot a can of Spam.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62095 is a reply to message #62064] Fri, 23 April 2010 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Bolivia, eh?

Male baldness is because of testosterone!

Bolivia! Oh lord.

hahahahaha

Isn't that where Butch and Sundance ended up?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62096 is a reply to message #62095] Fri, 23 April 2010 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Can't say what the testosterone level is in the average Bolivian male, but it seems the gene pool is quite shallow.Smile

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: President Of Bolivia: Eating Chicken Turns Men Gay  [message #62097 is a reply to message #62096] Fri, 23 April 2010 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The scary thing is that this guy is in charge.

What must the intellect be of those who put him into power?

Hmm. That reminds me.... Shrub.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Presidents Who Are Chickens  [message #62098 is a reply to message #62097] Sat, 24 April 2010 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

LMAO....Shrub, the most aptly named president the Republican Party ever bought and paid for. The columnist Molly Ivins gave us that name, such a courageous and dear lady, she will be missed.

G.W. Bush appears on the news occasionally, but he is ignored for the most part, an embarassment to the country. In all I've seen of him I get the distinct impression that he still thinks he did everything right. Such a sad man, he was used by the likes of Cheney and company.

I would really like to know: Didn't Tony Blair realize what he was doing in associating with Shrub? Maybe he had no choice.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 April 2010 00:07]

icon14.gif Re: Brazil has all the right ideas!  [message #62206 is a reply to message #62064] Mon, 26 April 2010 22:15 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

We might think that people are crazy in these South American countries, but in Brazil they seem to have given things a lot of thought:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36785836/ns/health-sexual_health/?gt1=43001

Damn, I knew there was something better than those little pills, LMAO.

Previous Topic: Ugandan Committee Recommends Passing Anti-Gay Bill On
Next Topic: A legacy of love
Goto Forum: