A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Brody's Scribbles... These Two Are Offensive Rednecks
icon13.gif Brody's Scribbles... These Two Are Offensive Rednecks  [message #62717] Fri, 18 June 2010 22:21 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

By Brody Levesque (Washington DC) June 18 | If you take offence easily then I am going to recommend that you not watch the following video nor read the article by journalist-writers Pam Spaulding & Joe Jervis. The sad truth is that once again, here is verification & justification that LGBT folk need Pride events as evidenced by these two clowns shooting off their mouths, not unlike the two French Canadian broadcasters or the two Australian radio personalities did in regard to figure skater Johnny Weir during the Winter Olympic games this past February.
From Joe.My.God publisher Joe Jervis:
RADIO: Redneck Shock Jocks Go Off On Obama's Pride Month Proclamation

Pam Spaulding tips us:

The hosts of The Rick and Bubba Show, who on-air embody all of the embarrassing redneck stereotypes about southern white men, keep it real. We're talking about Rick Burgess and Bill "Bubba" Bussey. They broadcast on WZZK and XM Radio (Facebook page here) and call themselves the "The Two Sexiest Fat Men Alive." They went into an incredible homophobic rant about sin, adultery, fornication and everything but the kitchen sink over the fact that the President declared June Pride month.

A Facebook group calling for a boycott of the show's sponsors is here.

Oh and just to add to the merriment, here:
Re: Brody's Scribbles... These Two Are Offensive Rednecks  [message #62718 is a reply to message #62717] Sat, 19 June 2010 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

Brody, you forgot to add the url for the Facebook group calling for a boycott of the show's sponsors.

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Link  [message #62719 is a reply to message #62718] Sat, 19 June 2010 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130002007017439&v=wall&_fb_noscript=1

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Link  [message #62720 is a reply to message #62719] Sat, 19 June 2010 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

I'm already boycotting. I do not waste one minute of my time on these junk humans. I prefer to spend time with child, wife, friends, emailing former boyfriends, looking at good looking guys, watching good football matches (dumb jerk referee) and other various sports, and chatting with you good men and boys.

Raymundo
Re: Brody's Scribbles... These Two Are Offensive Rednecks  [message #62722 is a reply to message #62717] Sat, 19 June 2010 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

As I will proudly tell anyone, I don't watch television or listen to the radio.(well maybe if a hurricane is imminent) Given this is the kind of fare one finds on the airwaves is it any wonder? If I want news I can view it online at several sites, including the the Brody's Notes and Scribbles Blog for updated gay news. (that was an unpaid commercial, fan based)

Content has always been based upon ratings and the almighty dollar brought in by sponsors.I have no doubts that Fox or XM Radio would present the Adoplh Hitler Show if he had a large enough market share. Limbaugh I can see must be forgiven, he's mentally ill, his show qualifies as a token nod to the handicapped.

As for the rednecks, I'm sure they think they're funny. People who perform to amuse themselves or cater to that base level of intelligence on the airwaves are a pathetic example of what our First Ammendment rights have become. The best thing about a radio is that it has an off button...Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 11:01]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Brody's Scribbles... These Two Are Offensive Rednecks  [message #62723 is a reply to message #62717] Sat, 19 June 2010 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

First video is now private.

And the second one. I didn't really see the point of it. I think I get what point Limbaugh was trying to make, but the point was made poorly. What it has to do with Rick and Bubba? Not so sure..

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Brody's Scribbles... These Two Are Offensive Rednecks  [message #62724 is a reply to message #62723] Sat, 19 June 2010 21:01 Go to previous message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Saturday, June 19, 2010
Brody's Scribbles... UPDATE: Offensive Redneck Shockjocks Rick & Bubba Remove Video

By Brody Levesque (Bethesda, Maryland) June 19 | Yesterday I ran an article by New York based Joe.My.God's Joe Jervis, reporting on a piece originally published by Pam Spaulding of Pam's House Blend from Charlotte, North Carolina. [ Brody's Scribbles... These Two Are Offensive Embarrassing Redneck Stereotypes ] The article included a YouTube video embedded that as of 3PM EST today has been removed & made 'private,' which means only apparently certain folk are allowed to view it.

Apparently these Birmingham, Alabama based radio personalities are only too glad to spread hateful rhetoric when they feel that they can get away with it. Barring that, and since there truly is no other explanation, apparently these two obviously cannot stand up under public scrutiny of an audience larger than their own listenership there in Birmingham.

I will imagine given how widely popular both Joe Jervis & Pam Spaulding are in the blogosphere, and since they both linked to a Facebook page calling on the sponsors of those pathetic cretins to yank their adverts because of the blatant homophobic nonsense, these two needed to remove the video from further public viewing. Too bad really as it served up the perfect example of why Gay Pride needs to be acknowledged.

Of course as always, Joe's regular readers weighed in with amusing & spot on commentary and I found this one particularly suited to the situation:

UrbanPioneer says:

“I live in Birmingham and work with a deeply religious white man. Read that as bigoted redneck! I am subjected to Rick and Asshat on a regular basis and it drives me nuts. More than once I have yanked the power from the radio and yelled that I will NOT listen to two fat fucks play verbal smear the queer on live radio."

The following is a screen-shot showing the video on their archive page from their show's webpage:
Previous Topic: A perfect scale model
Next Topic: Inclusion & Celebration For LGBT Folk In Manchester UK
Goto Forum: