A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > An old friend joins the authors list
An old friend joins the authors list  [message #63021] Fri, 16 July 2010 14:12 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I wonder how many of you already know The Eggman, who used to have a site about Glass Onions!

Last night he sent me his entire story library and, over the next few site issue days, his library will appear here. I'm going to put it up in bite size chunks. Throwing a 41 chapter story at the site all in one go devalues the story some.

There are another couple of shorts coming before the serials go live.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: An old friend joins the authors list  [message #63022 is a reply to message #63021] Fri, 16 July 2010 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

The Eggman's website is how I found this site. I found his stories on nifty. Then went to his homepage which linked here.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: An old friend joins the authors list  [message #63023 is a reply to message #63022] Fri, 16 July 2010 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He gave up his site some time ago, and moved to a yahoo group, but his real life took over for some time. His stories are now in several places on the net. In view of the woeful standards that exist today at Nifty he's given up posting there and simply shares himself now between sites he enjoys.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: An old friend joins the authors list  [message #63024 is a reply to message #63023] Fri, 16 July 2010 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aqualino is currently offline  aqualino

Likes it here

Timmy, as Saben said, I also found this site in a Glass Onion forum about a new chapter of "Just hit send" being added. Eggy's story, "A New Life" was the first gay novel I read. He is a wonderful person and a great addition to this site as a contributing author. This is great news indeed.

aqua

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. Washington Irving
Yes! The Eggman is indeed an old friend ...  [message #63028 is a reply to message #63021] Sat, 17 July 2010 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

.. to those of us "of a certain age"; hopefully, iomfats.org, it's Story Shelf and its' Forum will provide a portal through which an entire new generation of readers will become familiar with his tales.

Welcome news.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Yes! The Eggman is indeed an old friend ...  [message #63029 is a reply to message #63028] Sat, 17 July 2010 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

His was one of the first sites I visited for stories and some sense of being a gay man.

Raymundo
Re: An old friend joins the authors list  [message #63034 is a reply to message #63021] Sat, 17 July 2010 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cameron is currently offline  Cameron

Toe is in the water

That's great news. I loved reading the stories on his site. "A New Life" was one of my favorites. I can't wait to read it again.

Cameron
Re: An old friend joins the authors list  [message #63313 is a reply to message #63021] Sun, 15 August 2010 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daffey44 is currently offline  daffey44

Getting started

I can't remember the order, but I read both "Mark" and "A New Life" on the Glass Onion site. I know that I started the latter when the very first chapter was posted. Then the story ended, to be continued in "Life Goes On".

Although I was upset when the Eggman terminated the Glass Onion, I never gave up hope of seeing more chapters of "Life Goes On" and perhaps new stories from the Eggman. Then, two years ago, I saw chapter 8 of "Life Goes On" on Nifty. Hope was renewed! Another two years went by, but my hope never waned. Now the Eggman is on both IOMfAtS and DeweyWriter.

The Eggman's style of writing is excellent. He really creates believable characters. He also describes their environment quite well. I live not far from the fictional (?) home of Brian and Doug, perhaps just a mile away. I have often driven in the areas of the west San Fernando Valley where Prez and Keith drive. I'm familiar with Kanan-Dume Road as the route from US 101 to Zuma Beach since I live close to Kanan Road north of the freeway. Many times, I have wondered whether the teen boys driving in the next lane might be real-life characters from "Life Goes On".

Eggman: Thank you for resuming your writing.
Timmy: Thank you for hosting the Eggman.
Re: An old friend joins the authors list  [message #63324 is a reply to message #63021] Wed, 18 August 2010 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashley is currently offline  ashley

Likes it here

It's good to see that Dave is still around. Smile

People have a habit of changing your direction through life
... and you too, old friend.  [message #63326 is a reply to message #63324] Wed, 18 August 2010 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Would be nice, LOL, if we saw you here a tad more often than you see me at you know where; although I am trying to be better about it.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: An old friend joins the authors list  [message #63327 is a reply to message #63324] Wed, 18 August 2010 14:40 Go to previous message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

And it's good to see you here for a change, neph! Don't be a stranger.

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Previous Topic: Iranian Teen Faces Hanging For False Gay Assault Charges
Next Topic: Indian Pole Gymnastics
Goto Forum: