A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I guess it isn't just the USA that's backwards
I guess it isn't just the USA that's backwards  [message #63103] Thu, 29 July 2010 14:56 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/bc-rights-group-complains-about-testing-of-young-sex-offenders/article1653973/

It's not quite shock therapy, but it's close. And one has to question the motivation of researchers interested in testing what makes a 13 year old boy get a hard on...

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
This is prima facie sexual abuse  [message #63105 is a reply to message #63103] Thu, 29 July 2010 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think one has to question, first, whether a child of 13 can actually be a sex offender anyway.

Even if it is determined that one can be, the testing appears to me to be sexual abuse of that child. Causing a child to have an erection by showing them naked images is a sexual offence, certainly in the UK.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2010 15:15]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: This is prima facie sexual abuse  [message #63106 is a reply to message #63105] Thu, 29 July 2010 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Yeah- I'm a little confused by whether they are testing the 13 year olds or the researchers. Because the researchers are engaging in far more exploitative behaviour. Who's the abuser?

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon13.gif Evaluation of sexual issues and children  [message #63107 is a reply to message #63105] Thu, 29 July 2010 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

The horror of such treatment is that nothing new will be discovered. Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland, pioneered much of the early work in this field. Their body of research is available to health care professionals, why do it all over again?

I believe it all comes down to some doctor trying to re-invent the wheel and collect government grants for such research. I would hate to think they get their jollies showing dirty pictures to minors.

The statistics in the article are interesting as are Dr. Berlin's conclusions about sex education. Under the right wing, Christian run government of Bush and Company we taught abstenance only. So yeah kid, when your penis gets hard just ignore it and it will go away. For years the stance of the American educational system was much like that of the Vatican, how scary is that?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-01-03-kid-sex-offenders_N.htm

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: I guess it isn't just the USA that's backwards  [message #63147 is a reply to message #63103] Sun, 01 August 2010 15:24 Go to previous message

On fire!

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100729/bc_penis_sex_tests_halted_100729/20100729

Oh well, a bit of media attention seems to stop this shit.

Pity it ever started in the first place, though.

Master Oogway
Previous Topic: A physical emotion?
Next Topic: George Carlin on Religion and God
Goto Forum: