A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I wonder if anyone still remember me here...
icon5.gif I wonder if anyone still remember me here...  [message #63330] Thu, 19 August 2010 18:18 Go to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

I used to post some years ago. Not sure if any of the people I used to talk to are still around, after all, things change and lives change...all except mine, it feels like.

I've sort of started to exercise and work out again, after a break for several years. I'm not sure yet if it'll last, but right now I'm nursing a magnificient muscle ache covering most of my upper body and arms... It kind of feels good, except it hurts, you know? Very Happy

I've come roughly to the point in my life where there is statistically fewer days ahead of me than there are behind me - and those days I've still got won't be of the same quality as those I already spent. Seeing my parents age - more rapidly these past few years - has shown me my own mortality more clearly than anything previously.

So I'm sitting here, alone still, and feeling a bit old and useless, but trying to keep my health at least somewhat by eating more carefully and now exercise too. My motivation could use a shot of vitamins though to help me keep it up, and I've been wanting to finish a number of my old stories but finding the spark to write has been difficult, so if there's any kind souls out there maybe you want to take a look at one of my stories on this site and maybe drop me an email or something, telling me what you thought about it. My pen name's Zustara, for those who didn't know.

It would be nice just getting a reply, you know. You don't have to lie and say it was great if you don't think so. Just say it sucked if that's your opinion, but that you saw my post on the board and just wanted to say hello. Very Happy

So, *wave* to those who remember me and read all this, and another to anyone else who may have accidentally clicked on this thread and safely made it through this wall of text full of my wallowing and self-pity, lol...!

Take care ok?
*L*

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Of course you are remembered ...  [message #63331 is a reply to message #63330] Thu, 19 August 2010 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... and quite fondly so.

Do you still write your stories? Are you still the avid vidéo-gamer that I recall you were?

Too, I have to say for the record, it'a always nice when someone I've grown up with returns to say "Hello". 'e' drops by occasionally as does "Mihangel" and a few others.

It's so nice to hear from you.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2010 20:14]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: I wonder if anyone still remember me here...  [message #63335 is a reply to message #63330] Fri, 20 August 2010 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Hiya! ^_^

Missed you!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: I wonder if anyone still remember me here...  [message #63336 is a reply to message #63330] Fri, 20 August 2010 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

I remember you, Lenny. Welcome back here. Please stick around.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Thank you Warren...  [message #63337 is a reply to message #63331] Fri, 20 August 2010 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

I remember you too! (...As one of the good guys, heh!)

Not done very much writing. Well, I've started well over a dozen stories, but not finished more than a mere handful. My story archive is full of stuff that I just couldn't finish for one reason or another.

I posted some of those stories to Comicality's Library web forum, but unless you frequent that place a lot, you probably missed them, lost in the general flow of other posts.

I did post a short one there yesterday actually, it was meant to be a one-parter, but since I was typing into the browser window's text box I felt a bit uncomfortable with the story growing longer, it's not exactly the safest way to write a document, if the server goes down or the browser crashes, everything's gone...

The first part is up there now though, if you want to take a look. Don't expect a masterpiece though, as I said, I was just typing it into the browser, so it might not be the most well-structured bit of fiction ever created.

Playing games? Yeah, sure. I don't think I'll ever stop; it's part of who I am, like some people are into Rockabilly, or hell, even sports. ...It's true, as alien and strange as that seems to me! Wink

Hello also to my old chums Saben and J F R. Thanks for sending me a thought!

Take care alright?
*L*

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon7.gif Hi Lenny!  [message #63426 is a reply to message #63330] Mon, 30 August 2010 22:55 Go to previous message
nick is currently offline  nick

Likes it here

Good to see your name on the forum again. And good luck with the new exercise regime.

Nick
Previous Topic: When Does The Hate & Insanity End?
Next Topic: Brody's Journal... Katy Perry Peacock Music Video
Goto Forum: