A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > *snicker*
icon6.gif *snicker*  [message #63587] Sun, 05 September 2010 19:31 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

No Message Body
icon7.gif Re: *snicker*  [message #63588 is a reply to message #63587] Sun, 05 September 2010 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Oh you are not right....but what does being an American mean?

We drive German and Japanese cars to the detriment of our own auto industry.(think millions in government bailouts the past few years)

Irish pubs in any other place except Ireland are based upon decor and atmosphere, drunks are the same the world over.

As for Belgan beer, it's hard to find a decent American brewery these days, all the bars seem to have are foreign brands. (this is a good thing, think National Bohemian beer the next time you see a sink full of dirty dishwater, yuck).

I love a good Indian Curry, but America eats fast food, much of it owned by French or German financial consortiums.

As for Swedish funiture, can anyone say Ikea isn't a big hit in America? My CD racks are made by them, best investment I ever made.

As for Japanese televisions, the Korean ones are worse. Does America even make televisions anymore? As for the programs, you do have a point. I feel sorry for the poor Englishman who has to sit and watch such American drivel, we all hate it so much it has to be exported. (while we watch Benny Hill reruns here)

The English have enough of their own problems, I give you kidney pie and Spam as an example...oh wait, the latter we foisted off on them. Sorry.

;-D

[Updated on: Sun, 05 September 2010 19:55]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: *snicker*  [message #63589 is a reply to message #63588] Sun, 05 September 2010 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Very true, Brody, but that's the world we live in today.

A while ago, when travelling across to Christchurch, we stopped at Arthur's Pass for a break. I was sitting outside, in the car-park, when it struck me - there i was in the middle of NZ, outside a Swiss-style chalet restaurant, drinking Brazillian coffee and with an Australian cigarette, surrounded by Japanese cars, listening to a Scottish Piper and watching an English Robin Red-Breast pecking through discarded MacDonalds' wrappers.

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Scurrilous stuff and nonsense!  [message #63595 is a reply to message #63587] Mon, 06 September 2010 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

I know nothing about these new-fanged cars; I trot along to the local working men's club in my pony and trap for a pint of good Scottish Belhaven Best. My diet consists solely of Aberdeen Angus beef, Tweed salmon and minced Sassenach. I go home to my nice comfy tartan rug on the floor, and read the guid book (the poems of Rabbie Burns) until the candle burns down. I can't imagine where you get those other silly ideas from!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
I love globalisation  [message #63602 is a reply to message #63587] Mon, 06 September 2010 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

The wonders of the world with the convenience of one's local neighbourhood.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Scurrilous stuff and nonsense!  [message #63608 is a reply to message #63595] Mon, 06 September 2010 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Minced Sassenach?? Barbarian.

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Scurrilous stuff and nonsense!  [message #63612 is a reply to message #63608] Mon, 06 September 2010 20:07 Go to previous message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Cossie probably meant 'mincing' Sassenach, not that I agree with that either.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Previous Topic: A Review: Were The World Mine [2008]
Next Topic: Walk like a Man, Pee like a Lady
Goto Forum: