A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > My own questions
My own questions  [message #63777] Mon, 13 September 2010 07:25 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

"I was 8 when I had my first 'man' inside me."

And from 12-16 you worked "on your back".

I'm just curious as to your perspective on intergenerational sex and relationships.

It's something we've discussed in the past, but mostly theoretically rather than practically and mostlyfrom the perspective of adults trying to imagine what it might be like.

Given your experiences do you feel you consented to your first time at 8? Or was it abusive?

Do you feel that your experiences between 12 and 16 were much different to what an 18 year old street worker might experience?

What conclusions do your experiences lead you to make about age of consent laws and laws regarding children and adolescents.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: My own questions  [message #63778 is a reply to message #63777] Mon, 13 September 2010 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

"However, the means used by my 'deflowerer' were somewhat abusive in that once started, I was unable to get him to stop when asked."

I'd probably say this is relatively common over the age of consent, too. An 8 year old is less likely than a 16 year old to have the means of getting someone to stop, though.

I do like your idea of an assumption of guilt with a valid defence being proving consent. I've flirted with that idea before. I think it'd be a far better balance between "protection" and "freedom". "Guilty until proven innocent" is better than "guilty regardless".

Word-of-mouth experience seems to imply to me that those that consented to sexual relationships while under the age of consent usually stand by those decisions when they are older. Those that didn't consent often fight the hardest in favour of age of consent laws, even those it's not an issue of age but an issue of real consent.

I also can't help but cheekily wonder if there are street kids around today that get up to the same kind of things you got up to or if that was more a phenomena of the 60s-80s.

I started reading a story that someone linked here some time ago. Not sure if you've seen it:
http://arentboynamed.wordpress.com/9001-chapter-1-of-a-rent-boy-named/
It's probably pretty contemporary to your own experience. It's generally a sweet story, but does deal with some of the realities of being a street kid, too.

I appreciate hearing your story, too, though. It's a world totally foreign and exotic to me. Though if I'd realised I was gay younger it might have been more possible than I can imagine. Growing up stuck on the island of Tasmania in the 90s probably not, though. Communication when I was growing up would have made me easier to track down and it would have been hard to escape the former penalty colony island to anywhere I could have survived on the streets. Then again there probably are homeless kids- even in Tasmania. I just never knew any (though I did know some that kind of only ever returned home late at night and through their bedroom window and had no real relationship with their parents).

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: My own questions  [message #63791 is a reply to message #63778] Mon, 13 September 2010 16:55 Go to previous message

On fire!

You mean you read all 157 chapters already? Surprised

Just kidding, I imagine the first couple of chapters are all you need to understand that it's a pretty accurate depiction of the life you grew up experiencing.

I'm still a little surprised by the idea that it's as common as your story and that story would indicate. But 150 beds is a lot. Is it more common for runaways to flee the country and move to bigger cities? Maybe that's why I never came across anything like that (in Australia at least- in Thailand I was directly propositioned). Or maybe I just spend too much time indoors and online...

If you ever do put pen to paper I'm sure it'd be interesting to read. I haven't really had to the sort of eventful life that'd make an interesting story. If I ever put pen to paper it'd probably have to be fiction!

Master Oogway
Previous Topic: Hmm, reactions to this Advert ought to be interesting.....
Next Topic: Gay Youth & LGBT Fictional Writing
Goto Forum: