A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Twelfth Question
Twelfth Question  [message #63835] Wed, 15 September 2010 11:44 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I don't know how to say this without being insensitive but when you say your mentor was killed do you mean he died or was killed by someone?

I think it's a linguistic difference between Australia and America. Here in Aus generally while you can say "killed by cancer" etc unless you mention the cause it's assumed that "killing"= "murder" (or at least manslaughter). You typically use "died" or "past away" if it was natural or medical causes...

I'm sorry to be indelicate I'm just a little curious. I remember when Joe Biden was in the Vice-Presidential debate he kept talking about how his wife was killed and I was imagining a main-street homocide. Then he later mentioned that they died in a car accident and it threw me because I didn't know about that linguistic difference.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Twelfth Question  [message #63848 is a reply to message #63835] Wed, 15 September 2010 17:36 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think that event is important. The young man concerned may have no other tombstone than your relating the events. And a tombstone is a cold thing. He was a warm, living, loving, sentient human being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Please tell it, in necessary detail, here. I think it deserves a new thread.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Tenth question
Next Topic: For those who follow Proposition 8
Goto Forum: