A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > stand Up! - Don't Stand for Homophobic Bullying!
icon3.gif stand Up! - Don't Stand for Homophobic Bullying!  [message #65526] Sat, 02 April 2011 03:21 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Irish anti homophobic bullying advertisement, created as part of BeLonG To Youth Services annual Stand Up! LGBT Awareness Weeks. The campaign promotes friendship amongst young people as a way to combat homophobic bullying.
For more information on the campaign please see:

http://www.belongto.org/campaign.aspx

Written & Directed by Anna Rodgers & Aoife Kelleher

Produced by Zlata Filipovic

• Attachment: comic9933.gif
    (Size: 280.00KB, Downloaded 349 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 02 April 2011 03:22]

Absolutely brilliant!  [message #65540 is a reply to message #65526] Tue, 05 April 2011 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

I was never the boy yearning for another holding his hand; fortunately my "buddy" named Paul filled that role admirably for me; but, I knew many a youth as we progressed through high school who did have that need, and because I had Paul I learned to become that boy for others as the need warranted.

Love the PSA. I sincerely hope it does well and gets oodles and oodles of exposure not just within Ireland, but all across the European Union.

Would be untoward for the producers to bring the kids all back into the sutudio and make a 30-minute short film fleshing out the story-line just a tad. Would make compelling viewing.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: stand Up! - Don't Stand for Homophobic Bullying!  [message #65559 is a reply to message #65526] Sun, 10 April 2011 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

I absolutely LOVE this! Things are indeed going in the right direction. I wish there were ads like this when I was a boy.

-Peter

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
We are gaining some traction on this one ...  [message #65703 is a reply to message #65526] Fri, 06 May 2011 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... early yesterday morning I reprinted on my personal Blog the text and "links" from a thread I had authored the day before at my vidéo file-sharing Blog whereby our (the vidéo Blog's) clientele are being encouraged to download and share far and wide compiled AVI-file versions of this truly remarkable "creative"; moreover, our users have been invited to author sub-titles and asked embed them in the "source" English-language vidéo and submit the finished product to our Blog for inclusion on the web-site for our further onward distribution.

Those who may be interested in obtaining a digital-copy of this film, in one of several NOW AVAILABLE non-english sub-titled languages (German, Italian and French are expected late next week), you will find them here:

http://thegaydeceiver.blogspot.com/2011/05/stand-up-dont-stand-for-homophobic.html

Too, I invite our Membership here to create sub-titles for versions not yet featured and for future inclusion at both the vidéo Blog and my personal site.

I'm pushing this one real hard because a recent review of the "Bullying" and "Anti-bullying" vidéos at youtube, dailymotion, vimeo and others reveals that in some cases nearly 3 out of every 5 films have been produced for, or by, government or non-profit agencies in Canada, and apparently this has been going on for a very long time. I knew that THE KID'S HELP PHONE "Bullying" PSA's (both Timmy and I have featured them here in the past) had achieved widespread usage for the better part of 15-years in Canada; but, I had no idea of the true scope of the pro-active involvement of others throughout Canada regarding anti child-abuse and bullying; as a consequence, I'm going to vigorously support any others, anywhere else, who are making a positive effort to change the tide of this behaviour in a positive manner. It's a small thing; but, it's one that I personally can make happen because of the distribution channel I have created with my vidéo file-sharing Blog.

Ireland, through this PSA and a series of five other "chatty" vidéos (also "linked" at both Blog's) have brought the battle to Europe THIS YEAR in a very big way, and deserve everyone's whole-hearted support. The Bórd Scannán na hÉireann (Irish Film Board) and European Union's Progress Programme for Diversity Against Discrimination partially helped fund these films, and it is beholden upon each and everyone of us to ensure that the message get's seen and heard by those most in need. Whilst primarily focused on LGBTQ-bullying, the film is broadly gender and subject neutral, focusing largely on "friendship" and as such applies to bullying in general, and therefore , once translated should be region, language, and ethnic positive and proactive.

The World needs to show "BeLonG To Youth Services" (and by extension, Ireland) that they've done real good here, and in our support of their initiative, tell other Governments and Agencies that they, too, can achieve similar greatness.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

My "YouTube Channel" has now been activated ...  [message #65724 is a reply to message #65526] Tue, 10 May 2011 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... some three years after its' creation.

Thanks to the spirited contributions of the clientele from my vidéo file-sharing Blog, I have been able to create some 30-odd sub-title embedded versions of this PSA for widespread distribution through the file-sharing Blog, through my personal Blog and through my Channel at YouTube, with more committed to their being created.

I will be adding others at all three locations as they become available (and uploaded to my host file-server) over the coming days.

Whilst, in fairness to Timmy (and his quite valid "Copyright" concerns) I will not post a "link" to the vidéo Blog, I can and will provide the following "links" for those interested in aiding in their further onward distribution:

The Gay Deceiver's CHANNEL at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/thegaydeceiver?

The Gay Deceiver's personal WEB-LOG:

http://thegaydeceiver.blogspot.com/2011/05/stand-up-dont-stand-for-homophobic.html

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Translators needed!  [message #65753 is a reply to message #65526] Mon, 16 May 2011 05:49 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

In the past 96-hours 24 translations of the English-language reference sub-title file for this PSA have been generated, received and embedded, with the resulting vidéos having been uploaded to my vidéo file-sharing Blog and to Channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/thegaydeceiver

Four have yet to be processed as I'm having difficulties with the respective code-pages and my sub-titling application; these being Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Thai. I will succeed with these; but, it may yet be a few days before they too are added.

One of my greatest needs at the moment is for translations into the four primary Celtic derivatives of the United Kingdon and Ireland; to wit:

hÉireann (Irish Gaelic)
Cymraeg (Welsh Gaelic)
Gàidhlig (Scottish Gaelic)
Gaelg (Manx)

I ask that anyone, recurring Member here or visitor alike, capable of translating a dozen or so lines of text in one or more of these languages to download the English-language reference file from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cg7l60x77nicpqv

It is encoded UTF-8 which should be machine readable pretty well anywhere using any code-page.

A copy of the relevant vidéo used for sub-titling purposes may be found here, and downloaded:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KBT7NCNY

I ask only that you simple replace each line of English-text with the alternative, with the resulting file saved by language name and returned to me at the following e-Mail address:

thegaydeceiver(at)gmail)dot)com

For a complete listing of translations completed and available for viewing, or download, kindly refer to my personal Blog at:

Should anyone be able to help with any other language not already completed, please do download the English-language reference translation and provide me with another in your native language.

In the past 48-hours we've had 304 screen-views across 24 translations of this PSA driven with no advertising, no fanfare and solely through YouTube's less than perfect search options.

More than a dozen of my competitor's vidéo file-sharing Blogs have now jointly taken up the cause and are too featuring the PSA and our growing list of translations, all urging the widest possible distribution of the PSA Worldwide.

We are having impact; but, the need for more translations is as great as before.

WE WANT TO HEAR from folks who otherwise would never entertain the thought of being a LGBTQ activist; individuals for whom this video presents a very real and personal picture of their lives as youngsters in a World which was and is not accepting of them. If you, or a friend or family member, or associate, is one of these, please step forward, download the reference ENGLISH sub-title file and translate it into your local language if we have not already received one previously, and send it to us so that we may share it with the World.

Whilst primarily focused on LGBTQ-bullying, the PSA is broadly gender and subject neutral, focusing on "friendship" as such applies to bullying in general, and therefore, once translated should be region, language, and ethnic positive and proactive.

The more variations of this vidéo produced, the wider will be the distribution and the greater its' impact, and the more lives it will change.

Thanks

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:18]

Previous Topic: Gay Pride Parade in New Hope, PA - my perspective
Next Topic: Competitive dad
Goto Forum: