A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Human intelligence...
Human intelligence...  [message #65755] Mon, 16 May 2011 20:26
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

How little we understand ourselves and yet many accept the belief in some cosmic god-father who rules the universe...but not so fast:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110516/us_yblog_thelookout/stephen-hawking-says-afterlife-is-a-fairy-story

For years I have followed the career and pronouncements of this man, the world's most intelligent human. I say followed because I often do not understand what he has to say. That is as it should be.

We all share a separate entity, and even within ourselves there is a body and a mind that often do not agree. Dr. Hawking's body gave up long ago, the mind never has. You have to respect his courage and zeal for life.

He doesn't blame any god for his physical weakness, it is just a fact of his life. This man is a hero, to me and many others. And when he speaks we should all pay attention. I do agree, life here and now is all we will ever get, make the most of it.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: Competitive dad
Next Topic: Uganda Antigay Bill Going Forward
Goto Forum: