A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > interesting
interesting  [message #65787] Tue, 24 May 2011 07:02 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Nazis, The KKK, and The Bible

If I knew who created this I could give them credit.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: interesting  [message #65789 is a reply to message #65787] Tue, 24 May 2011 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

No Message Body

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: interesting  [message #65791 is a reply to message #65789] Wed, 25 May 2011 20:12 Go to previous message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

The notice should be required on all copies of the bible.
In addition the bible should only be available from certified libraries for limited borrowing with same day return.

Access to the book only to be granted to persons with a valid psychological health clearance for mature comprehension in literature with a doctorate in critical thinking and intellectual honesty.

This means that the book would not be available in US states with a Republican majority.

Christians may have access to a copy in their houses of worship on December 25th and at Easter, provided it is accompanied by literature from the humanist society or the Theosophical society, on comparative religion.

Atheists must attend a bible burning ceremony at least once a week.
Agnostics may claim conscientious objection to having the book stuffed down their throats at every opportunity.

Sunday school will be replaced with lessons on the joys of the freedom of sexual expression.

Australians who are found attending bible classes shall be transported back to the UK as convicts unsuitable for rehabilitation.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Previous Topic: 13 ans (2008)
Next Topic: Let he without sin cast the first stone...
Goto Forum: