A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Guess Who Lives in Westport Now?
Guess Who Lives in Westport Now?  [message #65792] Wed, 25 May 2011 21:47 Go to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

http://westportnews.co.nz/friday.pdf

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Guess Who Lives in Westport Now?  [message #65808 is a reply to message #65792] Sun, 29 May 2011 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Er, Ok, I give up. Who lives in Westport now? I read the front page and I am none the wiser!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Guess Who Lives in Westport Now?  [message #65809 is a reply to message #65808] Sun, 29 May 2011 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Erk! They've changed the page it links to, Sorry - It's now showing Friday 27 May's front page of the Westport News. I don't know how to get back to it but Friday 20 May had an article, and photo, of a horse-trainer who has relocated to Westport with his horse, the only American Painted Stallion in Nz, and its name is Grasshopper.

cheers

I thought I could help you out Kiwi ...  [message #65810 is a reply to message #65809] Sun, 29 May 2011 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... but sadly I had already deleted the original "Friday" pdf.

Without signing in there appears no way to search their archives either, and I'm doubtful if logging-in will help so I haven't done so.

The article in question was rather interesting, explaining the history of the horse and that this is the second time it's actually resided in the Westport area, having been first sold and moved out of New Zealand some 15 years ago. The Horse is 17, if I recall rightly. and a progeny of one of the American Triple Crown contestants/winners.

It took me a moment or two on first reading to figure out your association and use of the article.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: I thought I could help you out Kiwi ...  [message #65816 is a reply to message #65810] Sun, 29 May 2011 18:41 Go to previous message

Likes it here

Ah well - thanks anyway Warren. Pleased you saw it & made the association even though our Host missed it!

And, Grasshopper's a handsome boy isn't he?

cheers

Previous Topic: I don't wish to be seen here as flogging a dead horse ...
Next Topic: Britain--- DOES Have Talent! Watch This Amazing Performance
Goto Forum: