A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Sung-bong
Sung-bong  [message #65862] Sun, 12 June 2011 23:01 Go to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

We throw them away by the thousands. Kids raise themselves on the streets and the average person doesn't give them a passing notice. Then, once in awhile, one of them raises himself out of invisibility and announces... "Hey, I'm here; I'm somebody too."

One posted comment says this:

He sang ‘Nella Fantasia’ – the song based on ‘Gabriel’s Oboe’ from the film “The Mission”.

In my imagination I see a fair world,
Everyone lives in peace and in honesty there.
I dream of souls that are always free,
Like the clouds that fly,
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul.
In my imagination I see a bright world,
Even the night is less dark there.
Like clouds that fly.

In my imagination there exists a warm wind,
That breathes on the cities, like a friend.
Like clouds that fly,

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Sung-bong  [message #65863 is a reply to message #65862] Mon, 13 June 2011 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

That was totally unexpected for me, what an amazing story and equally amazing voice!!
icon14.gif Re: Sung-bong  [message #65864 is a reply to message #65862] Mon, 13 June 2011 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

The voice was an unexpected pleasure, the story of his life a moment of devastating emotion.

Yes, how easily are the children cast off and left adrift even in a society that is probably Asia's most modern. The Fates have been kind to Sung-bong because he has survived where others have not. I wish him well.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
icon4.gif Listening to the spirit of being human  [message #65865 is a reply to message #65863] Mon, 13 June 2011 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

I have been emotionally moved by so many of these wonderful artists discovered in "Everywhere's got talent," but this is the one that had me crying.

So disturbingly brilliant, wonderful. His song choice and rendition of it, clearly reveals his sensitivity to life. The human spirit never fails to amaze me.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Re: Sung-bong  [message #65866 is a reply to message #65864] Tue, 14 June 2011 04:14 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

That's a voice any choir would want to have.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: What Are Little Boys Made Of
Next Topic: 15 year old opera singer
Goto Forum: