A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Six Atlanta Police Officers Fired over Eagle Raid
Six Atlanta Police Officers Fired over Eagle Raid  [message #65943] Sun, 10 July 2011 04:18 Go to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

"Six Atlanta police officers were fired yesterday for lying about what happened during the 2009 raid on the Atlanta Eagle. Nine other officers were also disciplined, with three more hearings scheduled for next week."

An independent review of the raid found the following:

"....10 members of the vice unit and the RED DOG team, including three supervisors, violated APD’s policy regarding truthfulness. Most law enforcement agencies consider lying a firing offense, partly because that officer’s credibility can be challenged in court.

The report also found 24 officers illegally searched patrons, illegally detained them and illegally took their belongings, including cellphones and wallets."

Read more here:
http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2011/07/09/34956#comments

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Six Atlanta Police Officers Fired over Eagle Raid  [message #65944 is a reply to message #65943] Sun, 10 July 2011 09:06 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I imagine their livelihoods will be safe, though. They'll end up as bouncers outside heterosexual bars. Or maybe they'll be hired to work for the Bachman reparative therapy clinic where gays are barbarians who simply have to be disciplined... http://tinyurl.com/3dlgwko

Wonder why all 10 who lied were not fired. Maybe I should read the article more closely.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: 25 Years of Gay rights in New Zealand
Next Topic: 4 year old killed for 'acting gay'
Goto Forum: