A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > timmy
timmy  [message #66078] Sun, 14 August 2011 14:05 Go to next message
Cameron is currently offline  Cameron

Toe is in the water

timmy, I saw a picture of you with a goatee. I think it was with your audio "Letter to Sixteen year old timmy". You look so handsome with a beard! Do you still have it? I really enjoyed listening to your "letter", too. You have a lovely speaking voice.

Cameron
icon14.gif Re: timmy  [message #66079 is a reply to message #66078] Sun, 14 August 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Having had numerous phone conversations with Tim, I personally thinks he sounds like an announcer from the old days of the BBC...

"Good Afternoon, this is the BBC's Empire service and here is the news from London..."

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1555&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 31 October 2017 09:29] by Moderator

icon7.gif Re: timmy  [message #66080 is a reply to message #66078] Sun, 14 August 2011 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Cameron, its the image of a sage that Timmy is trying to convey. You did notice the gray hairs, didn't you? All those birthdays add up.

English sage has a distinctive flavor as well, always goes well with poultry.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: timmy  [message #66081 is a reply to message #66078] Sun, 14 August 2011 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Sir, you are kind. I sometimes grow a beard, then I get tired of it.

You have resurrected an excellent meme, though. Letters to one;s 16 year old self are well worth both doing and then positing somewhere public. Other people should see these. They are for others as much as they are for us, ourselves.

Oh, Nigel I avoided an oblique case just then!

I prefer me thus:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1557&private=0

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1558&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 31 October 2017 09:28]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: timmy  [message #66082 is a reply to message #66079] Sun, 14 August 2011 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ah, the BBC, such days. such times, and the wonderful meaning of those letters:

B ad
B awdy and
C orrupt

Oh that's my kind of life. And this is Alvar Lidell reading it

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: timmy  [message #66083 is a reply to message #66081] Mon, 15 August 2011 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Timmy wrote:
«Oh, Nigel I avoided an oblique case just then!»

I'm still puzzling over this one. I think you avoided the nominative and correctly used the oblique case.

I was in Dartmouth one day in June and took this picture of Timmy's house. It's that big one on the side of the hill near the top with the tower. No wonder he puts up so many house guests.

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1559&private=0

Hugs
Nigel

[Updated on: Tue, 31 October 2017 09:30] by Moderator

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: timmy  [message #66084 is a reply to message #66083] Mon, 15 August 2011 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ah, bugger. I did that, then.

Missed the house, though. The one you point out is the summer house at the bottom of my back garden

Re: timmy  [message #66085 is a reply to message #66084] Mon, 15 August 2011 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Oh very droll Very Happy

Is that your summer? This is our winter. (As for that guy on the boat - Pharrrr Hot Stuff!)

cheers

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1560&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 31 October 2017 09:30] by Moderator

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: timmy  [message #66086 is a reply to message #66085] Mon, 15 August 2011 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He's hot. PIty he's a figment nowadays.

We had Summer in April this year. We're thinking of turning the globe over for the winter

Re: Timmy  [message #66087 is a reply to message #66085] Mon, 15 August 2011 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

What about the snow in Auckland? Global warming?

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Timmy  [message #66088 is a reply to message #66087] Mon, 15 August 2011 20:52 Go to previous message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Auckland's not New Zealand - just the left-over bits from somewhere else! They've got snow, poor wee things - we've got sunshine!

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Previous Topic: "preferences"
Next Topic: Adam Carolla tells LGBT people to "shut up,"...
Goto Forum: