A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Yes, there is something wrong with this...
icon5.gif Yes, there is something wrong with this...  [message #66143] Tue, 06 September 2011 15:58
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I'm sure this Rabbi is a devout man and thinks he is doing the right thing, at least for himself:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2087274,00.html

But what I see is religious confusion based upon ancient scripture that had no idea something like this would come up. If anything the Jewish faith, at least on the strictly orothodox side of the street, is less flexible than the followup guys who formed Christianity.

Perhaps the Rabbi didn't read past the lines they claim defines marriage between a man and a woman. But marrying a gay man to a lesbian is little more than providing each of them with a roommate, and perhaps a tax break over there, I don't know the setup.

But please, don't think this will influence either partner to change sides, especially since in this case both would have to make some changes which I doubt.

Maybe the Rabbi thinks that by joining a gay/lesbian couple they will more acceptable to the neighbors, do any of us really believe that? I would advise the Rabbi to read his book again, after all his people are the ones who believe in a vengeful God. Does he really believe this will make the Big Guy happy? We'll have to wait and see where the lightning bolt strikes.

:-/

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: U.K. advert standards are obviously different than in U.S.
Next Topic: Definitely something wrong with this
Goto Forum: