A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Humans CAN fly
Humans CAN fly  [message #66108] Sun, 28 August 2011 16:58 Go to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

I wonder if a change of undies was required after.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Humans CAN fly  [message #66109 is a reply to message #66108] Mon, 29 August 2011 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

Yes, EJ, I had to change my undies after watching that.

Wow, incredible! I'm trying to determine if Jeb Corliss is extremely brave or extremely crazy.

Thank you for sharing that with us.
JimB
icon6.gif Re: Humans CAN fly  [message #66110 is a reply to message #66109] Mon, 29 August 2011 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

There seems to be a whole bunch of people out there who think that the best way to live life is to get as close to death as possible. Maybe he has a boring job.

Taking risks is an addiction, and I imagine there are some who do not survive the experience. Mr. Corliss seems to be an amiable fellow, although I would not like to learn he is a married man with children.

Perhaps when he reaches that level in life these temptations will cease. I can't imagine wishing to be his insurance agent :-/

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
icon9.gif Anyone can fly. Landing is hard  [message #66111 is a reply to message #66110] Mon, 29 August 2011 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I read this, Chris, and then I thought of Sam Brinton. Each has made a safe landing. Each is changed by the experience. The difference is that the friend of Batman had a parachute. Sam simply had to hope for a safe landing.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Humans CAN fly  [message #66150 is a reply to message #66108] Wed, 07 September 2011 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

I wanna! Me next!
Wow!
JimB, why does he have to be either one or the other? Both is perfectly reasonable - and probably correct. Very Happy

raysstories.com
Re: Humans CAN fly  [message #66158 is a reply to message #66150] Sat, 10 September 2011 04:46 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

But not me. Even thinking about flying makes me queasy.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Definitely something wrong with this
Next Topic: It Does Get Better-- The Effects Of 'It Gets Better' Videos
Goto Forum: