A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Absurd apps for your personal electronics...
icon13.gif Absurd apps for your personal electronics...  [message #66199] Tue, 27 September 2011 12:09 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

How wonderful, you just bought that overpriced electronic gadget and need something to fill up that screen. I don't recommend this:

http://gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/26/7968876-android-app-asks-is-my-son-gay?GT1=43001

Of course we all know it is so easy to generalize and speculate about those around us. If you want to alienate the rest of your family this seems like a good app for that. I am disgusted.

Truthfully, I find so many things in life to occupy my time that I don't piddle around with personal electronics. Anyone foolish enough to buy something like this needs their head examined. But then it might just be another fundraising ploy by the American Family Association or their ilk.

Don't watch football? ...gay. Timid? ...gay. But those silly assumptions aside I really despise the guilt trip the app lays on parents. Divorced? ...your son might be gay because of that and perhaps its your fault.

The reasoning behind the questions is flawed and based upon the mis-information and propaganda commonly pushed by the anti-gay establishment. How easily people in our society are fooled by this kind of ignorance.

But if someone wants to show the world how stupid they are then I think the price is just about right. Intelligence has no price, it is in fact priceless...but now we know ignorance goes for $2.69. :-/

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2011 12:10]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Absurd apps for your personal electronics...  [message #66200 is a reply to message #66199] Tue, 27 September 2011 19:54 Go to previous message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Apparently this thing came originally from France (bless 'em) and now they're selling it in the US? Idiots are everywhere!

These are the 20 questions asked -
1. Does he care about his clothes, does he pay attention to his outfits and to brands?
2. Does he like soccer?
3. Before he was born, were you hopeful for this child to be a girl?
4. Has he ever fought or been into a fight?
5. Does he read sport newspapers?
6. Does he have a best female friend?
7. Does he like team sports?
8. Is he modest?
9. Is he a fan of diva singers (Dalida, Mylène Farmer…)?
10. Does he spend a lot of time in the bathroom?
11. Is he wearing a piercing on the tongue, eyebrow, nose or ear?
12. Does he spend a lot of time doing his hair?
13. Do you wonder about your son’s sexual orientation?
14. Are you divorced?
15. Does he like musicals?
16. Has he ever introduced you to his girlfriend?
17. Is the father strict with his son?
18. In your family, is the father often absent?
19. When he was a child, was he somewhat shy and quiet?
20. Does he share a healthy bond with his father?

All old cliches, anyone could identify with some of them - more than a few fit me too - Quelle Horreur!

At least this thing, sort-of, recognises that kids are gay or not, they don't choose to be they just are and there's no talk of "curing" them. That's some progress, innit?

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Previous Topic: TYT discuss Gay Authors
Next Topic: Buffalo Teen Kills Himself After Years Of Anti-Gay Bullying
Goto Forum: