A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Story Shelf-New Layout of story postings
Story Shelf-New Layout of story postings  [message #66269] Sun, 30 October 2011 06:55 Go to next message
paulj is currently offline  paulj

Likes it here

I have to say that I rather like the newer style of layout for the story chapters that Timmy posts. Somehow it's easier on the eye than the previous edge to edge layout.

I like it... Paul Jamison.Very Happy
Re: Story Shelf-New Layout of story postings  [message #66270 is a reply to message #66269] Sun, 30 October 2011 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have increased the font size to 105% from 100% and changed the layout and background colour a smidgen, introducing borders and a fixed page width for the text. We may still fiddle a little.

One reader says it has gone blurry. He uses IE8 and Vista. I'd appreciate comments form an IE8 and Vista reader. We checked insofar as a MAc will let us, but we get better resolution of all fonts on Macs anyway

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif Re: Story Shelf-New Layout of story postings  [message #66271 is a reply to message #66270] Mon, 31 October 2011 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Maintaining the font size at 100% on my monitor gives a vastly clearer image of the words. I tried 125% and they immediately went blurry.

I would imagine those with sight problems will find this less acceptable. But the color contrast in the background provides an image enhancement for each character so that works well.

Working with Windows 7 here, not like I can afford all that fancy hardware you mention. It works, I am happy!

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Story Shelf-New Layout of story postings  [message #66272 is a reply to message #66271] Mon, 31 October 2011 23:21 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

What I mean is that we set the font on the server with a command, not that you choose the font size you display?

A screenshot by email (or posted here) would be useful of the site as you see it in your machine when displayed normally on a story page Smile (ie no fiddling with sizes at your end)

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: For those of you who are parents and young folk:
Next Topic: Jesus
Goto Forum: