A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Sad...this is just sad.
icon9.gif Sad...this is just sad.  [message #66327] Tue, 22 November 2011 00:12 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2011/11/teen-charged-in-murder-of-gay-classmate-agrees-to-21-year-prison-term/

I have nothing more to say except it is finally over and no one wins.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
There are seldom any easy answers ...  [message #66330 is a reply to message #66327] Tue, 22 November 2011 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... or solutions, when the subject of juvenile crime, whatever it's guise is mentioned. There are no "victimless" crimes when it comes to children and their criminal behaviour. All of those involved are victims in one fashion or another, and we should never, ever, forget this.

Lawrence King's murder at the hands of Brandon McInerney in February of 2008 at E.O. Green Junior High School in Oxnard, California, is but one recent example; we all have seen or heard of others within our own communities, and each instance whatever the judicial outcome, justice is never really adequately served; nor has it been seen to have been done here either.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Sad...this is just sad.  [message #66332 is a reply to message #66327] Tue, 22 November 2011 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Sad? Yes. Why did it happen at all? That is the real issue. One child is dead and another as good as dead. Neither outcome was inevitable until the trigger was pulled.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon8.gif Re: Sad...this is just sad.  [message #66334 is a reply to message #66327] Wed, 23 November 2011 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

To add insult to injury read this:http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2011/11/fischer-flamboyant-homosexual-lawrence-kings-murderer-is-the-real-victim/
Re: Sad...this is just sad.  [message #66335 is a reply to message #66334] Wed, 23 November 2011 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Yeah, but Fischer is a shit, so I refuse to read him Smile

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
A more balanced report on this issue ...  [message #66348 is a reply to message #66334] Sat, 26 November 2011 00:13 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... may be found here:

Larry King Murder: Gay Teen's Death Illustrates Schools' Challenge

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/24/larry-king-murder-gay-tee_n_1112241.html

Timmy, I agree with you, Fischer is a "shit".

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Previous Topic: Shame no more - a public service film
Next Topic: Whispers From the Past
Goto Forum: