A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > An interesting development in Germany
icon14.gif An interesting development in Germany  [message #66913] Wed, 27 June 2012 20:21 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18604664

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: An interesting development in Germany  [message #66914 is a reply to message #66913] Fri, 29 June 2012 10:16 Go to previous message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

"this issue is a moral and political minefield."

I couldn't agree more on this fact. In fact I often wonder what it would be like if I wasn't a victim of this form of bodily mutilation myself..? Admittedly my family and I are not followers of any specific religious movement but I was born in the UK which as the article states, even all those years ago, is a recommendation for health reasons.

I stand by the fortitude of the Child's right over that of religious 'freedom' again speaking in reference - what if the child chooses at a later stage in life to change religion or not follow one... Where was his freedom amongst all of this..?
Previous Topic: Gremlins?
Next Topic: Anderson Cooper - Gay and Proud
Goto Forum: