A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Discrimination for no better reason than blind prejudice
Discrimination for no better reason than blind prejudice  [message #67379] Tue, 05 February 2013 13:57 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This article about a museum is not the most obvious place to find discrimination against perceived sexual orientation, yet, the comment by needleandthread shows that to be incorrect.

To me that feels particularly creepy.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Discrimination for no better reason than blind prejudice  [message #67436 is a reply to message #67379] Sat, 09 February 2013 22:25 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

I almost flipped him off when he said this, then I forgot to mention it here the next day.

Quote:
Last week Culliver, in a pre-Super Bowl interview stated "I don't do the gay guys man, I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do." In response to a question regarding the possibility of gay players on the 49ers.

Culliver later apologized for his statements and will begin sensitivity training before starting volunteer work The Trevor Project.

"He's so passionate about youth and people being comfortable with who they are and accepted by all," Culliver's spokesman told NESN. "He's excited to learn. The plan is with The Trevor Project, and their concerns are that he is genuine about his words."

Talk about blind prejudice. He's on a the San Fransisco 49ers for fuck's sake! This is akin to joining the Chicago Bears and saying that people who eat bratwurst and drink beer shouldn't be allowed on the team and should be kicked off if they won't leave.
I'm real sure he'll really put his heart and effort into the Trevor Project. (/end sarcasm) But at least the project will get some funds and attention out of his ignorant, sorry posterior. Though frankly, if I were on the project's board or admin council, I would refuse his help, in a news conference, and tell him where he could go study, and just what exactly he could study.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 February 2013 22:28]

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: The case against Intelligent Design
Next Topic: From the "WHO KNEW?" department.
Goto Forum: