A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > You simply gotta luv the "Internet Archive".
You simply gotta luv the "Internet Archive".  [message #67622] Wed, 27 March 2013 14:41 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Some of the membership here will remember a couple of years ago my linking to the movie "Struggle" which had only just days before been uploaded to the INTERNET ARCHIVE and placed in the public domain by it's producer/director Bruce Locke. This having been done to raise awareness of the plight of homeless LGBTQ teens worldwide.

Well the good folks at the archive, through charitable funding received from the "Media History Digital Library", have been in the process of digitizing long out-of-print book titles of some renown. Amongst these is a delightful coffee-table picture book that I'm sure will fascinate all who take the trouble download the digital copy and then finger through it pages.

1955/1972
A Pictorial History of the Silent Screen
Daniel Blum
G.P. Putnam's Sons
[Soft Cover]
ISBN 978-0-399-50667-3 (1955)/978-0-399-11098-6 (1972)

Tipped by Matthew Rettenmund at his BOY CULTURE blog (the fellow the movie of the same name was based upon) you'll find both the cover art and the links to the archive HERE

Alternatively you may link directly to the downloadable PDF, or other selected formats, THROUGH THIS LINK and making your selection from the "View The Book" panel at the top-left of the page.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Wed, 27 March 2013 14:41]

Re: You simply gotta luv the "Internet Archive".  [message #67624 is a reply to message #67622] Sun, 31 March 2013 03:01 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

http://archive.org/details/boys_beware
Yes, you do have to love it.

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: Channing Tatum: A Class Act.
Next Topic: Hate crime
Goto Forum: