A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Daily I skim a variety of ...
Daily I skim a variety of ...  [message #67691] Sun, 21 April 2013 14:26
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... news and information web-sites, usually in the predawn hours of early morning, my hitting upon at least a dozen or thereabouts of them, selected from a bookmarked list of those that have proven themselves to be of some merit.

This morning I realized that over the past month or so, amounting lately to about once in every three or four days, I had been reading what appears to be a somewhat regular feature at BOX TURTLE BULLETIN, a daily Blog our membership will recall has made a career out of reporting upon and admonishing "Religion Nazi" goings on, especially those taking place in troubled Africa. Largely because of that coverage, and the horrific details which seemed for a great long while to emanate daily from it's pages, I found myself avoiding the web-site as if it, itself, had the proverbial plague.

Over the past 10-years I have periodically written about one internet gem, or another, as I have stumbled upon them. TODAY IN HISTORY, a sub-text of nearly each day's THE DAILY AGENDA at BOX TURTLE BULLETIN is just such a feature; one that I find myself looking back and reading in the preceding few days of the Blog's daily coverage.

TODAY IN HISTORY is a topic widely reported by a goodly and disparate number of news services; but, what sets BOX TURTLE BULLETIN'S edition apart from all of the rest is its' completely gay-themed focus, and the in depth coverage of the stories it features. Many, if not most, of these vignettes, are American-centric; but all are significantly off-beat to be of value to readers everywhere for the often arcane knowledge imparted by the feature's authors.

This one too, is worthy of your time.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Previous Topic: Leviticus & Double Standards
Next Topic: Every once in a great long while, someone ...
Goto Forum: