A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Please explain
Please explain  [message #67867] Sun, 11 August 2013 07:25 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Most of us here are homosexual and male and are completely turned on by at least one other person's male body. We have a fairly clear idea how we would like to share his with ourselves and ours with him, even if we have never had sex f any form before in our lives.

Heterosexual folk are similar except that they appear to be turned on by and wish to share the body of a person of the opposite sex.

Bisexual folk are able to enjoy this with people of either sex.

Please will someone try to explain why the simple act of sharing another person's body, of the same or the opposite sex, has created so many rules, regulations, embarrassments, taboos, prohibitions, and all else besides?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Please explain  [message #67869 is a reply to message #67867] Sun, 11 August 2013 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Sexual urges are a very strong and basic part of human nature.

Many people want power over others. Some of those actually do have power over others. They demonstrate that power by controlling the behaviour of others. Controlling sexual behaviour, which is engendered by strong and basic parts of human nature, is an ultimate sign of power.

So, just as mountain climbers show their prowess by climbing the highest and most difficult mountains, those who seek to demonstrate their power over others do so by trying to control their sexual behaviour. Just as many mountain climbers may not consciously know exactly why they want to show their prowess in that way, so many of those trying to control sexual behaviour may not consciously know that it's a way of  exercising power over others.
Re: Please explain  [message #67870 is a reply to message #67869] Sun, 11 August 2013 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

So it is really institutionalised rape, usually without the sex. Or, in the case of "Bring'em" Young of the LDS, and many Roman Catholic priests, with the sex, but always with young people.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Please explain  [message #67871 is a reply to message #67870] Sun, 11 August 2013 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Quote:
timmy wrote on Sun, 11 August 2013 09:26So it is really institutionalised rape, usually without the sex. Or, in the case of "Bring'em" Young of the LDS, and many Roman Catholic priests, with the sex, but always with young people.

--

Well, that's what I believe.
Isn't rape itself supposed to be more about the exercise of power than the actual physical enjoyment of intercourse?

Of course, those religious people who want to exercise power by controlling the sexual nature of others will 'justify' their desire for control by quoting some holy book or trying to rationalise it by talking about why some deity created sex. That should be taken with the same incredulity with which one might take a mountain climber's assertion that the only reason he climbed the ten highest mountains was to compare the views from the top of each.

Some people want to lead and control others whereas some people like to be followers. There may be 'reasons' why they are the way they are, just as there may be 'reasons' why some people are gay, but just because we don't know those reasons doesn't alter the nature of those people.
Re: Please explain  [message #67872 is a reply to message #67871] Sun, 11 August 2013 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I neither want to lead or control others nor do I want to be led or controlled, yet it seems that the world is polarised thus. It reminds me that, as a teenager, one was said ether to be a fan of The Rolling Stones, or of The Beatles. I found I liked neither very much.

I wish to be able to enjoy a mutually satisfying sexual experience unfettered by a great number of rules, prohibitions, taboos, and knowing winks from (eg) neighbours. It is no-one's business whether I wish to swing from the chandeliers in ecstasy or whether I choose to masturbate in privacy looking at pictures of naked sheep, and yet society, and most assuredly religion, seeks to make it the business of "society", by which I mean those in power.

There are certain rules which protect others. I have no issue with a reasonable set of age of consent rules. These protect the younger party in an encounter. I have no issue with rules that suggest that it is inappropriate to enjoy sex in the middle of a road intersection or other public place. The road intersection is, of course, for the safety of all, and the other public place is, well, because most human bodies are unappealing, and we just don't really want to see them going at it 'hammer and tongs'.

The Kellogs of this world interfered so much that the punished bys for masturbating by cutting off their foreskins as a punishment and without anaesthesia or subsequent pain relief, and yet theirs is the prurient and unpleasant example we follow: we allow other people to interfere with good, clean fun.

In Islam any form of sexual expression outside whatever marriage happens to be is punished, often by death. 

So why do we allow it?

Re: Please explain  [message #67893 is a reply to message #67872] Tue, 13 August 2013 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

"WE" don't allow it, the majority does.
"WE" is a generalization.
And I believe it is about power and control by forcing one's own beliefs onto everyone else.
"I know best. Be like me, do like I say, or you are an 'other', evil, and an outcast."

raysstories.com
Re: Please explain  [message #67897 is a reply to message #67893] Tue, 13 August 2013 22:22 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
Smokr wrote on Tue, 13 August 2013 21:14"WE" don't allow it, the majority does.
"WE" is a generalization.
And I believe it is about power and control by forcing one's own beliefs onto everyone else.
"I know best. Be like me, do like I say, or you are an 'other', evil, and an outcast."

--I wonder if that explains the Middle East?

Previous Topic: Gay myths on a tee shirt
Next Topic: For those "bleh" days
Goto Forum: