A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #51741 is a reply to message #24268] Tue, 22 July 2008 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ricky is currently offline  ricky

Getting started

Greetings Little Weed Hopper,

Writers can never walk away. Hopefully your cowboy days find happiness. I know they all have internet now too so hopefully you are back to writing and have some more fantastic western tales to tell.

In short, I would like very much to continue reading your stuff. It is fantastic and carefully woven.

Thanks so much for "Just Hit Send"
Cheers,
r
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #51792 is a reply to message #51741] Sat, 26 July 2008 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pipo is currently offline  pipo

Toe is in the water

Actually, Grasshopper is back to writing - he posted two new chapters to "Just One Starfish" this month Smile. I also like his work a lot - it often really touches me and I think it is among the best that this site has to offer.

Thank you, Grasshopper. I hope you'll be able to continue writing ... I'd sure love to read more of your great stories.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #51793 is a reply to message #24268] Sun, 27 July 2008 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

Lol, people. Look at the date of the original posting of this thread. Grasshopper has written some wonderful stories since then. I guess this thread keeps getting resurrected because people plug "grasshopper" into the forum's search engine. That's to be expected though, he's probably the most beloved writer of gay fiction on the net. So, he is back to writing and getting better and better as time progresses Smile

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #55033 is a reply to message #24268] Wed, 10 December 2008 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uncle Roger is currently offline  Uncle Roger

Getting started

I just got finished reading your story Just hit Send and it was hard reading through leaking eyes. It was so full of love and real life. I know that you think that you are happy with your new life as a cowboy but the writer in you will always want to be released. In the early morn when the sun peaks up onver the horizon, you will be filled with the wonders of God and in the evening as you unwind, you will one day take up your keyboard and pour out your soul so that us poor mortals will once again try to make sense of what God would have us do. You will use the talents that God have given you and you will enjoy the happiness that has been bestowed upon you.
Take care and may God Bless,
Uncle Roger

Uncle Roger
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #55195 is a reply to message #55033] Sat, 27 December 2008 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaycracker is currently offline  jaycracker

Likes it here

I was thinking about our young author / friend over Christmas, and I do hope his fingers are on the way back to being healed and well again.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's missed him in his absence. I always look forward to something new and a story by him. I'm getting withdrawl symptoms I think! Sad

Mike
(CW)
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #55196 is a reply to message #55195] Sun, 28 December 2008 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pipo is currently offline  pipo

Toe is in the water

I second that! I have been re-reading "Darkfall" in the past few days and it moved me just as much as the first time I read it. Grasshopper has an exceptional talent and I sincerely hope he will be able to express himself in writing again.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #55204 is a reply to message #55195] Mon, 29 December 2008 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

Wow, deja vu, Mike. I was just talking with someone today about Grasshopper and I was wondering when he was going to feel up to another chapter. I too hope his fingers are well on the mend. He is, by far, my favorite internet author. But what I think appeals to me most are his qualities as a human being. This kid is just a rare gem.

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #55210 is a reply to message #55204] Tue, 30 December 2008 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaycracker is currently offline  jaycracker

Likes it here

I tend to agree with you there, Paul.

I hope at sometime he meets the right person and has a happy lifetime. I think he deserves it for the pleasure he gives all the rest of us. Smile

Mike
(CW)
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #55211 is a reply to message #55210] Tue, 30 December 2008 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cameron is currently offline  Cameron

Toe is in the water

I agree with you both. He is a rare gem of a guy and I hope he meets up with someone as special as he is. He deserves a lot of happiness.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #67865 is a reply to message #24268] Sat, 10 August 2013 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Late to the party is currently offline  Late to the party

Getting started

After spending the last week reading most of Grasshopper's stories on this site--for the first time--I'm wondering what happened to this author since 2008.  Does anyone know if he stopped writing altogether, continuing his life as a cowboy out west?  His stories touched me deeply, far more than I anticipated when I began navigating "Just Hit Send" and all the other wonderful tales.  I wish I knew that he was still out there somewhere and I felt the need to reach out and ask if he's well.  

This is a great website--I'm sorry it took me so long to find it.  

Late to the Party, but hoping to stick around for a while...
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #67866 is a reply to message #67865] Sat, 10 August 2013 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The answer is that real life has taken over, and writing simply died away in his life to the point where that which was unfinished will remain unfinished. He no longer spends much time online and lives in the present in the real world, quietly, anonymously and well.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #67965 is a reply to message #67866] Tue, 03 September 2013 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ricky is currently offline  ricky

Getting started

And yet, his greatness remains. And the greatness unfinished will remain great. Sad We can only hope that someday his itch returns. It will be a welcome scratch.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #69096 is a reply to message #24268] Fri, 20 February 2015 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viktoria is currently offline  Viktoria

Getting started

Dear Grasshopper! I hope you'll read it someday. I want to thank you for the love in your stories. It really changed my life, my attitude to family, love, commitment, respect, and so many other smaller things. You have God given gift to awake people hearts, and I hope someday you start writing again. Reading your stories I understood so much about myself, I could never believe I'd say it about fiction, but it's true and I'm so thankful for laughs and tears, for sleepless nights and daydreaming. Reading sent me in the world of vibrant feelings, intense emotions, a life changing experience. "Summerfire" is my favourite. I've read a lot (esp QaF fan fiction) since last December when I discovered your stories, but I will always remember your stories like the first love, pure, real, bright. Thank you again and be happy, you deserve it.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #69174 is a reply to message #69096] Tue, 03 March 2015 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Thanks so much for posting your note and bringing Grasshopper to the forefront. I've spent the last five days reading 4 years' worth of "Just Hit 'Send'" and enjoying every moment. Outstanding creativity and even more wonderfuller writing! I must say I'm glad I wasn't reading this as it was being released or I'd likely have died from the anticipation along the way!

I'm sorry Grasshopper hasn't followed up the story, but he obviously labored long and extremely well along the way. Perhaps by now he's a Pulitzer winner and we are none the wiser. If/when he returns, I'm dying to learn what becomes of Jonathan, and there's an entire generation in that household just waiting to burst out upon the world. Then again, maybe it's our turn to imagine now.

Thanks, Grasshopper, and those who introduced us to him.
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #69785 is a reply to message #69174] Sun, 07 June 2015 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viktoria is currently offline  Viktoria

Getting started

I wonder if you read Summerfire, In A Heartbeat, Just One Starfish? They include JHS characters. How do you enjoy the stories so far?
Re: Message From Grasshopper to all of his friends:  [message #72041 is a reply to message #24268] Tue, 25 October 2016 10:03 Go to previous message
Quttzik is currently offline  Quttzik

Getting started

Grasshopper,

I'm not sure you will see this but I just had to leave a message actually just signed up to the forums to make this post.  I have read every one of your stories here I started with the just hit send series and couldn't stop reading not very many authors enthrall me that much that I read all there stuff.  It only took me like 4 days to read them all and I loved every single one of them.  JHS had me laughing and crying all the time. I think though that my favorite was Darkfall such emotions from that one.  All the evil that happened because of one nut case so called man of God.  I really felt for Wes and Mercy all that they endured and lost.  I was so happy to learn that they didn't have that mans blood.  

Anyway i I just had to make this comment to you on the off chance you do happen to stop by sometime.  You are one great author and I hope Cowboy life is still treating you right.  Perhaps one day when you have time again you will share more of your wonderful creativity with us. I know how it is though that in ones life the only thing they have is their online life and that is the only escape they have but you it seems have found a good life outside cyber world and I hope like I said that its treating you well.

Quttzik
Previous Topic: Of dicks and butts
Next Topic: I have just realised that I suffered a hate crime
Goto Forum: