A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > What Happened to D'Artagnon?
What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #68206] Sat, 21 December 2013 17:06 Go to next message
Aloha53 is currently offline  Aloha53

Getting started

I've just finished reading all of D'Artagnon's posted work and am just a bit frustrated with the unfinished stories.  Does anyone know if the stories were completed and posted elsewhere?  Did something happen to cause them to be left incomplete?

Thanks!

Aloha53
Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #68207 is a reply to message #68206] Sun, 22 December 2013 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We never quite know. He comes back sometimes and a flurry of new chapters arrive. Or he comes back and there are no chapters. Does his email address still appear to work?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #68208 is a reply to message #68207] Sun, 22 December 2013 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aloha53 is currently offline  Aloha53

Getting started

The email address appears to work.  At least it didn't bounce back.  No reply as yet either.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #68275 is a reply to message #68208] Fri, 24 January 2014 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Rumors of my untimely demise have been greatly exaggerated, and like the result of my own efforts, =P

Be careful what you wish for, a complete and new addendum to the current stories is nearly finished, I just wanted to do one to it's logical conclusion before I step back into the mix completely.  As for what I've been up to, well....

Major shifts in workplace, gone through (survived in one case) three cars (deer can be so inconsiderate), moved in with my boyfriend (6 years and going strong), buried my father (seriously, do not smoke!  it will catch up to you!), did a lot of artwork for free, changed friend groups as the previous one sort of self destructed (one friend's younger brother sleeping with another friend's wife and the fatherhood of children in doubt, plus a few idiots doing dumb and illegal things with pharmaceutacals and breaking & entering charges will do that), became god father to a pair of puppies (small horses now), started games, ended games, looking to sell games, watching my niece go from precocious middle school genius to nearly completing high school (she's all grown up and still kinda short), ....

It's been a lot of just plain schtuff!  Here and there I find times and places to get writing done.  So, once this next big is finished and Timmy gets a look at it, I'll be back at trying to finish Riposte and get into the third book in that series, tentatively titled Fleche.  There are some, notably my boyfriend, who want me to finish Lost Boys, but that will have to take a back seat to the second Max book, which is planned and started, just not real far along yet.

So Timmy keep your eyes on the email box.  It's likely to be done any week now, lol.  For a teaser....

It is the story of one Paul Carver, a boy returning to his home town after a family tragedy, only to find things and he himself aren't exactly what they and he seems.  There's budding romance, some details about Canterbury's back story, loss, recovery, friendship, cameos from a few established characters, and well...  let's just say that the weirdness is certainly going strong.  There's a few left turns on reality in there, but nothing too out of hand.  Well, for my twisted brain anyways.  I was going to make it a simple 10 chapters but things in the middle stretched it to at least 12, hence why I'm not throwing it to the web just yet.

So, until next time, keep the torches lit, the house warm and cozy, your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds... and perhaps soon the postman will ring twice at Timmy's home with something.

Seeya on the other side, my brothers,
Robby, aka D'Artagnon
Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #68276 is a reply to message #68275] Fri, 24 January 2014 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Told 'em!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon3.gif UPDATE  [message #68313 is a reply to message #68206] Tue, 11 February 2014 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Aloha, and to the others that have written to me, here's the news...

I recently sent off 8 chapters of a new story to Timmy. The completing chapters are getting the once over by my editor now, so soon they will be sent off as well and that new cycle complete.  New Chapters of Riposte are on the way as well, and a couple of other tasty bits that I'll keep mostly quiet about for now, but are in production.

I'd post a teaser, but I'm actually waiting to hear what Timmy thinks before I do that.  So keep a weather eye out, you never know what's percolating in my brain, wearing the inside out.
Seeya on the other side, my brothers

Robby, aka, D'Artagnon
Re: UPDATE  [message #68314 is a reply to message #68313] Tue, 11 February 2014 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Post a teaser with pleasure, but remember that the production queue is full until past Easter Smile

icon10.gif Re: UPDATE  [message #68322 is a reply to message #68314] Wed, 12 February 2014 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Curses!  Foiled again!     :p:twisted::d

[Updated on: Wed, 12 February 2014 21:00]

icon10.gif Teaser  [message #68500 is a reply to message #68322] Wed, 28 May 2014 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Just a tease of what's going on in this story.  Finishing touches on the last few chapters are in the works at this moment and should be out to Timmy in no less than two weeks (knowing my weird schedule).  Enjoy!

A brief selection from Chapter Two of "Wearing the Inside Out"

"Paul, would you... can you hug me?"

"I dunno if I should."  He normally called me Carver, like everyone else except Aunt Sarah and Mom did.  Hearing him use my first name made the short hairs on the back of my neck stand out.  Was I actually shaking?

"Oh.  What did I do wrong?"

"It's not that, Jack.  Really it's not.  It's just that... well...," and I felt myself blush.  Thankfully, in the dark, only lit by the TV and lights from the street, I doubt he noticed.

"Yes?" he prompted.

"I might want to do more than hug.  I'm having a lot of really strange feelings right now and I kinda take too much from you as it is."

"Then you cannot give me a hug back?"

I thought about it for a second.  I mean, just talking about it like this, or rather talking around something else while talking about this, had kinda given me a semi.  When he asked me to hug him... I went steel bone solid.  I really did want to hug him.  And as repulsed as I was at first, the idea of doing more than just hug did appeal to me.  A lot.

I had to face it.  I was falling in love with my best friend, and I couldn't hide that fact from him any longer.  He had always been honest and giving to me.  I should be just the same back.  I just had no idea what falling in love with another boy meant.  What I did know was that for some reason, it felt like I was going in the right direction.  Woulda helped me enormously if I knew what was at the other end of the map, though, and all the stuff in between.

I smiled at him, put one hand on his raised knee and moved forwards over him.  His smile returned and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders as I came down on top of him with my whole weight.  Mind you, I was still raging hard, but we both had our clothes on.  Nothing was gonna happen.  Just a simple, honest, and good natured hug.

Good God what that smile does to me!

But as I wrapped him in my arms, something subtle passed between us.  And instead of it just being a hug, I know I felt a change.  I wanted as much of me as possible touching as much of him as possible.  And Jack seemed to be the same way.  He moaned in my ear as I just held him, trapped him against the couch really, his legs wide about my hips.  I pressed my chest against him tighter and felt his body-heat sink upwards, filtered through our tee-shirts.  He shifted his weight under me slightly and then I felt it.
I wasn't the only one rock hard.  His groin made contact with mine and our hard dicks were practically rubbing against each other, but you know, through clothes.  I felt my heart go from horse race to Formula One speed and just held on tighter.  His calves closed over the back of my knees as I lay on top of him.  I musta been squishing him terribly, but he didn't complain.  In fact, I know he was enjoying this as much as I was.

His hands clamped around the center of my back and I arched inwards as he pulled against me.  Our zippers actually rubbed, if you can believe it, and I arched my back up, bringing my head away from the side of his neck for a moment.  As I brought my head back down, looking to just bury my face beside his ear, something really weird happened.

He kissed me.  Full on the mouth.  Like a movie kiss, you know, noses turned sideways.  And I kissed back.

And again.

And again.

And yet again.

I don't know what came over me, but we were making out, on his brother's huge couch, in the darkness.  Two boys, alone, just suddenly giving each other a tongue tour of the tonsils.  A thousand thoughts raced in my head, mostly centered around things like "why didn't we do this a while back?" and "God, he's such a good kisser!" and "This is great, but I think we both want more.....God, I hope he wants more!"
Re: Teaser  [message #68504 is a reply to message #68500] Sun, 01 June 2014 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

*lifts head
"Figured you'd pop up sooner or later! About time! Looking forward to some more stuff to read!"
*puts face back down and returns to work

raysstories.com
Re: Teaser  [message #68757 is a reply to message #68504] Tue, 09 December 2014 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I do have a couple of chapters which are set to go live in 14 publishing sets' time.

Re: Teaser  [message #68797 is a reply to message #68757] Thu, 25 December 2014 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

AWESOME!
Re: Teaser  [message #68798 is a reply to message #68797] Thu, 25 December 2014 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Not long to wait now. Not the next set, but the one after that. This author needs quiet encouragement to write. He went through a very rough patch a few years ago and seems not really to have recovered.

Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #69213 is a reply to message #68275] Fri, 06 March 2015 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ancient_richard is currently offline  ancient_richard

Getting started

I'm sorry to learn about your father Sad

>a complete and new addendum to the current stories is nearly finished,

excellent !

richard
Re: Teaser  [message #69948 is a reply to message #68798] Wed, 15 July 2015 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AB is currently offline  AB

Getting started

He submits almost exclusively to castleroland.net nowadays I think but not sure, he does post a lot there though.
Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #69955 is a reply to message #68206] Thu, 16 July 2015 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
larkin is currently offline  larkin

Toe is in the water

I've been known to write myself into a dead end. 
Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #69959 is a reply to message #69955] Thu, 16 July 2015 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

It's not just you, Larkin. Any author who puts pen to paper has to deal with characters that seem to have minds of their own. Sure, you write the intro paragraph, but then they take over and all bets are off. They look all cute and cuddly in the author's finished work, but they are in fact evil demons.

Mogwais - the whole lot of 'em.

Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #69993 is a reply to message #68206] Mon, 20 July 2015 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Sigh...

First off, AB, please refrain from speaking for me.  I will afford you the same courtesy. 

Second, I am a forum moderator at the castle roland forum site, same as AB.  That I would post to the forum site is a given.

Third, Yes, I am posting stories at castle roland's story site as well.  For those that think this is somehow a slight or "exclusive" for some reason, let me briefly, and without flames, set the record right.

I have sent chapters here.  I have not heard back if they were received or not.  I sent a group of three chapters of Wearing the Inside Out, in two separate emails.  No reply.  I can only assume two things have happened.  The emails were lost after being received or they were not received.  The only other options that make any logical sense is that for some reason Timmy chose to ignore me or the chapters themselves somehow got lost in the waiting list.  The latter is something I could quite imagine happening, what with the explosion of new writers and chapters that have shown up here in the last year.  The former...  I've known Timmy for over 10 years now.  I cannot see that being part of his character.

So, yes, the stories continue.  There are other chapters being worked on for existing stories, and there are new stories in production.  WIO has finished after chapter 15.  Lost Boys is getting a new chapter within the week (if I can find the time to kick it out).  Riposte is about to get a couple of massive chapters in both sets.  And the long discussed next step for Max is in the works as well.  There are also two new stories in the pipeline, and possibly a third.  If they are wanted here, I have no problem presenting them here.  I have always thought of this site as a lighthouse, a place of safety in name as well as in action.  And a place that brings the light of knowledge, discussion and companionship.

I am not, as some have said to me in private, angry at things at IOMFATS.  I do not have anger at AB, who I believe acted out of a wish to inform.  I try to keep a more even keel about things on the internet these days, resisting the urge to reply at once with heat when cool logic and reason can make things better than stir them up.

But please, my email is known.  It's posted in my profile here.  I check almost daily.  If you have a question, please, just drop a line and get it straight from the horse's mouth.  Ask anyone, it's getting me to shut up that's usually the problem.

Seeya on the other side, my brothers
Robby, aka D'Artagnon
robbybluewolf@yahoo.com

Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #69994 is a reply to message #69993] Mon, 20 July 2015 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

My friend, please check your junk folder, for I always acknowledge receipt, even, perhaps usually, with a one line note. Either they have not arrived here, or my replies have not arrived with you. In either case we need to put that right. I had become used to sporadic chapters from you and have been unconcerned at the lack of material arriving. I didn't even know anything was missing.

I have nothing left in my stock for you, nor have I had for some time, so please look at your index page here and send me at your convenience any missing items. If I do not acknowledge then they have not arrived. The queue is tiny at present, so please just tell me the order you would like them to appear in.

So that everyone knows, we have no concept of exclusivity here.

Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #70012 is a reply to message #69994] Wed, 22 July 2015 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have successful email communication, and chapters will be arriving and being converted for the site when D'A sends them to me.

As to the mystery, well, that is a mystery. Email is only reliable as a communications medium when it is reliable, and the only way to be sure something has arrived is when your boss fires you for it.

Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #70043 is a reply to message #69993] Wed, 29 July 2015 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AB is currently offline  AB

Getting started

I did not speak for you, I spoke of what I saw as I saw it, haven't seen you here, haven't seen you in nifty, gayauthors, awesomedude. I have seen you in CR so I told ppl I have seen you there so they know to find your stories. Said my perspective. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 29 July 2015 14:30]

Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #70092 is a reply to message #68206] Mon, 10 August 2015 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Over the next several sets there will be several chapters from D'Artagnon. I do have to speak with him about one of the items he has sent me, but he is behind the email block until it is lifted.

Re: What Happened to D'Artagnon?  [message #75719 is a reply to message #69959] Wed, 01 May 2019 18:56 Go to previous message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

That's certainly true. "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made of" was hijacked by the characters completely. I wrote through teared eyes for nearly two weeks. It wasn't until I had finished that I received emails that the story helped them grieve and was actually assigned reading by a therapist. They thanked me. I thanked the muse.

We don't always know why we write certain things. Sometimes I figure we never know how we've affected others lives. But I've learned to go with it. 

Wisdom does not come with age. It occurs because of it.
Previous Topic: JKLM
Next Topic: Chris James RIP
Goto Forum: