A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Jeremy's Swim Lessons
Jeremy's Swim Lessons  [message #68361] Sat, 08 March 2014 18:28 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I really hope we'll be offered this story. The hesitancy, the shyness, the suspense is killing me. It's one of Smokr's First Time Tales, and I am dead jealous of Jeremy. What do folk think?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Jeremy's Swim Lessons  [message #68362 is a reply to message #68361] Sat, 08 March 2014 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

Yes indeed, beautifully told tale of what it is to want something and be unsure what the price will be. Let's hope there is a follow up.
Re: Jeremy's Swim Lessons  [message #68363 is a reply to message #68361] Sun, 09 March 2014 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Oh, please, Tim. If you'd like the story here, by all means copy it from my site, not Nifty, as I have made corrections to my own site's copy. Or if you'd feel better about it, I'll send the story to you.
If I have to put it in writing, A Place Of Safety is authorized to mirror Jeremy's Swimming Lessons, or really, any story I have written that is publicly available. "Jeremy" is allowing me to do with the story what I wish, as if I'd written it on my own. He just wants to share it, no credit and no recognition.
And I'm glad you like it. I've enjoyed doing it and getting to know "Jeremy."

raysstories.com
Re: Jeremy's Swim Lessons  [message #68364 is a reply to message #68363] Sun, 09 March 2014 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I never take stories without having things sent expressly. I only want what the author is proud of and would actually like me to have. So please do any further polishing and send it to me to add to the queue. The same goes for any other stories you would like to see on here. I won;t go and get them because, well, it's better to be sent them as a parcel. Being sent the story actively gives me a licence to use it, if you follow me.

Our publication queue means it is then exposed to a brand new audience somewhat later. Our readerships intersect but the are by no means the same.

As usual I do not guarantee to take everything sent, but I will always read and respond.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Jeremy's Swim Lessons  [message #68365 is a reply to message #68361] Mon, 10 March 2014 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Yeah, I understand your position.
When I finish it and have it polished smooth, I'll send it to you.
Most of the First Time Tales are one chapter long, and the longer ones start with the first sexual encounter and move on from there, but I'm working on one now that is exactly the opposite, in that the story goes on for several chapters before the "First Time" occurs. I really like his story and how it twists and surprises, and I'm looking forward to getting it out there once I have the current works done. It's one I really want to submit to IOMFATS. I've thought of doing so with Jeremy's Tale, but I really have already decided with this story, and I've only begun roughing it in for him.
In fact, Jeremy's Tale was a surprising hit. I thought it was worth putting in the effort of something like fifteen chapters, but I didn't know it was going to be so popular.

raysstories.com
Re: Jeremy's Swim Lessons  [message #68930 is a reply to message #68365] Thu, 22 January 2015 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
Smokr wrote on Mon, 10 March 2014 04:33Yeah, I understand your position.
When I finish it and have it polished smooth, I'll send it to you.
Most of the First Time Tales are one chapter long, and the longer ones start with the first sexual encounter and move on from there, but I'm working on one now that is exactly the opposite, in that the story goes on for several chapters before the "First Time" occurs. I really like his story and how it twists and surprises, and I'm looking forward to getting it out there once I have the current works done. It's one I really want to submit to IOMFATS. I've thought of doing so with Jeremy's Tale, but I really have already decided with this story, and I've only begun roughing it in for him.
In fact, Jeremy's Tale was a surprising hit. I thought it was worth putting in the effort of something like fifteen chapters, but I didn't know it was going to be so popular.

--
How has the polishing been going?

Re: Jeremy's Swim Lessons  [message #68943 is a reply to message #68930] Sat, 24 January 2015 06:08 Go to previous message

Likes it here

Absolutely awful. The guy who was editing JSL (instead of writing the whole title out every time) had to step down and won't be available to do anything to it until he gets things back together, which is going to be a while. The other guys who do editing for me are using what time they have on C3, which is just becoming a nightmare. I'm working mandatory overtime daily as well as weekends at my real-world job anyway. JSL was gone through once by a good editor, but I've altered and polished it quite a bit since then, mostly his suggestions.
If there's anyone here who's good with grammar (US) and can work in OpenOffice/LibreOffice and has time to do a twenty-chapter story, let me know.

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: Josh's posts of poems
Next Topic: The Apple Orchard
Goto Forum: