A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Cello by William Wesley
The Cello by William Wesley  [message #68956] Tue, 27 January 2015 04:37 Go to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

It's not every day that an online story makes you look up a piece by Saint-Saëns, but William Wesley's The Cello does. A fun short story.
Re: The Cello by William Wesley  [message #68957 is a reply to message #68956] Tue, 27 January 2015 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

See if you can encourage him to write more stories Smile It always seemed to me that The Cello was to be part of a "One Lucky Boy" mini series, bit nothing else ever came.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Cello by William Wesley  [message #68978 is a reply to message #68957] Sat, 31 January 2015 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

I do so agree. It's beautiful in so many ways. I was going to say just that, when I saw Timmy's remark.

I cannot believe that's the only thing WW has written... he is far too good for that.

So WW if you are still out there, please come back and post some more.
Re: The Cello by William Wesley  [message #68979 is a reply to message #68978] Sat, 31 January 2015 09:25 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think email is your best route. And show him this thread, please. He knows I like the story, so messages from readers are far more effective in showing him how well it is received.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: "A Pure and Lonely Heart" by Zambezi
Next Topic: The Airing Cupboard
Goto Forum: