A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Please Help me find this Story
Please Help me find this Story  [message #69153] Sat, 28 February 2015 17:04 Go to next message
LEAPproducer is currently offline  LEAPproducer

Getting started

Recently (within a couple of months) I read a short story (I believe
on your site) that dealt with the following situation.

[1] A boy is about to Toilet Paper a grave yard on Halloween with friends
[2] He encounters the head stone of his late (by two years) boyfriend
[3] He meets a boy waiting for his boyfriend to arrive
[4] His (the original boy) Late boyfriend arrives, as a ghost, and
informs him that it takes a year to acclimate to being dead;.

I HOPE these help trigger a memory;. Unfortunately I forgot to book
mark that story and it is one I wish to contact the author about
producing for my website of GLTBQ stories about young, teen and young
adult non heterosexuals living "normal" (non stereotypical) lives and
the adventures they have.

IF any of this triggers a memory, I would appreciate a heads up, nod
or lead as to finding it again.

Thank you for the time and thought you may apply.
Re: Please Help me find this Story  [message #69154 is a reply to message #69153] Sat, 28 February 2015 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You have come to the right place for good quality stories. It's up to you to judge whether they meet your needs and quality threshold. The only thoughts I have on this story are that I don't remember it but, if well written, it sounds like one I would have accepted like a shot. I try to encourage Halloween tales, and we have some unusual ones here. I'll even take them out of season if an author is passionate about it!

Look out for tomorrow's Walk in the Park by AB, but it is not the story you seek.

Over to all of you others. Please help!

[Updated on: Sun, 01 March 2015 16:06]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Please Help me find this Story  [message #69158 is a reply to message #69154] Sun, 01 March 2015 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Having just sent out a request to our email list I tried this search:
Quote:
Toilet Paper a grave yard on Halloween gay

It revealed as the seventh result Halloween Reunion by Tarheel Writer, which seems to be the tale you seek.

Thanks to all of you who have dropped by here to give the seeker the self same answer

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Please Help me find this Story  [message #69164 is a reply to message #69158] Sun, 01 March 2015 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LEAPproducer is currently offline  LEAPproducer

Getting started

Timmy
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much!
I truely appreciate your help in this search!
Mark
Executive Producer
LEAP AUDIO
www.leapaudio.org

Where Gay Characters are NORMAL.
Re: Please Help me find this Story  [message #69169 is a reply to message #69164] Sun, 01 March 2015 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ah, Mark, there is a rich seam here, too. Do you have English accents in your stable?

Re: Please Help me find this Story  [message #69184 is a reply to message #69169] Wed, 04 March 2015 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

Mark, Timmy is so right... seeing the story that appealed, may I shamelessly push the following at you?

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/solsticeman/shorts/the- boy-and-the-level.html

Re: Please Help me find this Story  [message #69186 is a reply to message #69184] Wed, 04 March 2015 09:58 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
solsticeman wrote on Wed, 04 March 2015 09:00Mark, Timmy is so right... seeing the story that appealed, may I shamelessly push the following at you?

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/solsticeman/shorts/the- boy-and-the-level.html

--
Good push. He will need accents from the valleys to achieve that.

Previous Topic: A forthcoming treat
Next Topic: I am in a state of APOSTROPHE!
Goto Forum: