A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Back Door Slider
Back Door Slider  [message #68851] Thu, 08 January 2015 20:09 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ok, I admit it, I thought the title was bizarre, but it seems to be a genuine sporting term! I wondered about it "long and hard" so to speak!

Joe L is new to us here, but has an established reputation elsewhere. I'm really pleased he's agreed to have his stories here. This is a mammoth 58 or so chapter piece, and we've just started it. Do, please, let Joe know what you think of Back Door Slider.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon1.gif Re: Back Door Slider  [message #68855 is a reply to message #68851] Sun, 11 January 2015 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andichan is currently offline  Andichan

Getting started

I am so enjoying this story! I have mailed Joe already but there's no harm done in reitterating it here as well. It's packed full of emotion as all good love stories should be so be sure to have a plentiful supply of Kleenex to hand. Congratulations Joe!

Andy.
Re: Back Door Slider  [message #68856 is a reply to message #68855] Sun, 11 January 2015 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
Andichan wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 09:47I am so enjoying this story! I have mailed Joe already but there's no harm done in reitterating it here as well. It's packed full of emotion as all good love stories should be so be sure to have a plentiful supply of Kleenex to hand. Congratulations Joe!

--
I'm glad you said that. Joe confided to me that he thought this was far less than that , and was somewhat self deprecating about his work. I disagree, and now he can see that two folk at least disagree.

He's working in expanding the original ending that was published elsewhere, and all the chapters he sends to me are edits on the original version, too.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Back Door Slider  [message #68954 is a reply to message #68856] Mon, 26 January 2015 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
"Dude, it's just like if you got pierced."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

"I mean, you've gotta keep a dick up in there or it will start to close up."

These now rank as 'best lines ever'.

Re: Back Door Slider  [message #69314 is a reply to message #68954] Wed, 18 March 2015 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We are coming towards the end of this tale. The edits make it of substantially better quality than any edition elsewhere. It is a far tighter story.

Re: Back Door Slider  [message #69321 is a reply to message #68851] Thu, 19 March 2015 11:59 Go to previous message
Topher is currently offline  Topher

Getting started

I have loved this story from its first chapter. Its a great read and would it be strange to say that I am totally jealous of fictional characters?
Previous Topic: Everything will turn out alright by Cy-kun
Next Topic: "Where Do I Fit In" by Andrew Foote
Goto Forum: